tasks.php alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Task management/To-do lists" category.
Alternatively, view tasks.php alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of tasks.php or a related project?
PHP Task/Todo list by Raymii.org
This is a task/todo list written in PHP.
It uses a JSON text file for the tasks, and the visual side is created with the HTML5 Kickstart framework by Joshua Gatcke.
Why use this over something like remember the milk, wunderlist or any other cloud service?
- No ads
- Nobody selling your data
- Nobody monitoring your activity
- Data is easy to get out (no vendor lock-in) and to backup.
- Offline mode? Host it on your local machine with a LAMP/WAMP/MAMP server.
- Sync? Use a syncing service on the hosts (owncloud and sparkleshare are quite good) and point the program to a json file in that folder.
- Offline sync? Combine above 2 points, or put the software in a git, svn or other version control system repo.
- Task can now have priorities
- Task can now have a due date
- Thrash bin for deleted tasks is added
- Task list is now sortable
- Layout change, more space for tasks
- Days left / days late is now shown
- i18n added, ships with dutch and english by default.
- Initial release
- Add tasks
- Remove tasks
- Edit tasks
- Finished tasks
- Add/Remove/Update tasks
- Prioritize tasks
- Due date on tasks, time left/late shown.
- Trash bin for deleted tasks
- No database required
- i18n (Dutch and engish by default).
Either git clone the github repo:
git clone git://github.com/RaymiiOrg/tasks.php.git
Or download the zipfile from github:
Or download the zipfile from Raymii.org
Unzip the file and upload to the web-directory (public_html, /var/www/, /srv/httpd etc..) and make sure that the webserver can write to the json file (chown www-data:www-data task.json or chmow 777 task.json).
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the tasks.php README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.