🚀 This release adds the ability to tell Thredded with version of Rails UJS to use. 0️⃣ Since Rails v5.1, the default is
rails-ujsbut Thredded for now still uses
jquery_ujsby default. This will change in Thredded v0.13.
🚀 If you'd like to tell Thredded to use
rails-ujsnow, update to this release and run the following command from your app directory:
👀 See the full list of changes here: https://github.com/thredded/thredded/compare/v0.12.3...v0.12.4.
🚀 This release adds a minor fix for Rails 5.1 compatibility. #b5669c61
👀 See the full list of changes here: https://github.com/thredded/thredded/compare/v0.12.2...v0.12.3.
🚀 This release brings Rails 5.1 support to Thredded.
👀 See the full list of changes here: https://github.com/thredded/thredded/compare/v0.12.1...v0.12.2.
- Topic slugs are now unique across messageboards. This allows us to correctly redirect to the new topic URL when the topic's messageboard has changed. #573 #576
- Basic "Quote" reply action. #585
- Navigation to individual messageboard settings from the global settings page. #581
- Private topics page for blocked users. #3a4d7032
- 👌 Support for Turbolinks v5.0.1 and the upcoming v5.1.0. #25269979
- 🚅 The unmaintained
autosize-railsgem replaced with a vendored version of jackmoore/autosize. #1023c215
👀 See the full list of changes here: https://github.com/thredded/thredded/compare/v0.11.1...v0.12.0.
NB: If updating to this version from 0.11.x, you must copy and run the upgrade migration after updating the gem:
cp "$(bundle show thredded)"/db/upgrade_migrations/20170420163138_upgrade_thredded_v0_11_to_v0_12.rb db/migrate rake db:migrate
- 👉 User navigation is now shown on the right, and search is on the left. #563
- On desktop screen sizes, messageboard breadcrumbs are no longer bold. #574
- 0️⃣ Sanitization defaults now allow
<abbr>and a few ARIA attributes. #2d29ef21 #df38d9e4
- Kramdown options can now be passed to the ContentFormatter. #c25d8765
- Topic URLs that use old slugs are now redirected to the current version. #564
- PostPolicy no longer allows anonymous users to edit posts of deleted users. #092d40b5
👀 See the full list of changes here: https://github.com/thredded/thredded/compare/v0.11.0...v0.11.1.
NB: If updating to this version from 0.10.x, you must copy and run the upgrade migration after updating the gem:
cp "$(bundle show thredded)"/db/upgrade_migrations/20170312131417_upgrade_thredded_v0_10_to_v0_11.rb db/migrate rake db:migrate
Oneboxes: URLs to supported resources placed on their own line are replaced with a "onebox". Oneboxes replace the previous YouTube and Vimeo implementations and add support for dozens more sites, including Tweets, Google Maps, and so on. The implementation is powered by the onebox gem. #545
💅 Email styles: the emails now come in style. See the wiki article on how to enable the email styles. In the emails, interactive content (such as Google Maps, YouTube Videos) is shown as a static image. #550
🌐 Russian translation. #556
💻 Minor UI fixes throughout.
- Removed the now-redundant
👀 See the full list of changes here: https://github.com/thredded/thredded/compare/v0.10.1...v0.11.0.
- 🚚 Post actions moved to a dropdown menu. #533
- Posts can be marked as unread. #533
💅 More Sass variables for style customization:
👌 Support PostgreSQL UUID primary keys. #538
A divider line between sticky and non-sticky topic. #537
- 💻 Thredded now caches only the posts' contents (and not the UI around them). #536
Thredded::ApplicationController#signed_in?method has been renamed to
thredded_signed_in?, to avoid conflicts with the parent (application) controller. #543
👀 See the full list of changes here: https://github.com/thredded/thredded/compare/v0.10.0...v0.10.1.