ttrss-mobile alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Tiny Tiny RSS" category.
Alternatively, view ttrss-mobile alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.0 6.3 ttrss-mobile VS WindsA Beautiful Open Source RSS & Podcast App Powered by Getstream.io
1.6 0.0 L5 ttrss-mobile VS gritttt-rssImplements 'cancelled' sharing-features of Google Reader for the excellent open-source RSS-Reader TinyTiny-RSS: share any page on the web via a bookmarklet and show your shared items in a widget on any website you want. Also allow to import shared&starred articles from Google Reader.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of ttrss-mobile or a related project?
A mobile webapp for Tiny Tiny RSS
What is it?
I started working on this because the default mobile version was somtimes slow, limited and not in good shape for future development.
ttrss-mobile is using:
How to install?
- Download the latest release available here.
- Unpack the archive somewhere on your server.
- Alternatively, you can clone the repository where you want it on your web server.
- In the scripts dir, copy
conf.jsand set the variable
window.apiPathpointing to your Tiny Tiny RSS installation.
- Download the update
- Unpack it over your previous installation
- Compare the new conf.js-dist with yours and merge them
- It should be ready
- (Don't forget to clear your cache if you see something strange)
How to hack on it?
You need node.js to make a build but you can still hack without it.
- Clone this repo on your webserver
- Hack on the files in src
- Test on the version in src
- Build with make/make.sh
- Test with the built version in build
- Make a pull request with your awesome contribution
You should not put this webapp in a subdir of your Tiny Tiny RSS install. On update, it could be wiped. For more info, see this post from HunterZ on the forum.
Make sure that the user you'll use to connect has the API activated in Tiny Tiny RSS preferences :
- in Tiny Tiny RSS go into
Enable external API
- in Tiny Tiny RSS go into
If you want to host this webapp on another hostname than your Tiny Tiny RSS instance, you'll find a solution using CORS in this issue.
- mark all as read/unread
- categories support
- feeds icon display
- image & objects adapted to the screen size (
max-width: 100%in CSS)
- link to the original article
- unread count display
- special feeds
- publish/unpublish article support
- star/unstar article support
- mark as read/unread article support
- iPhone webapp support (startup image & icon)
- SINGLE_USER_MODE support
- settings page: only number of articles to load as of now
Other features to come are tracked as issues. Feel free to give a hand or request things :-)
ttrss-mobile is Free Software under the [AGPLv3](LICENSE)
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the ttrss-mobile README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.