twtxt.net v0.0.11 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-07-29 // almost 2 years ago
twtxt v0.0.11 Exciting News!
🚀 This is a BIG Release!
🛠 Aside from the usual culprits and bugfixes, this release has a whopping list of new user-facing features you will all be excited about! 😺
- 🍱 Cat Pictures! 😺 Yes that's right! You can now upload images/photos straight to your twtxt.net feed.
- 🍱 Avatars! 🤦♂️ You can now upload your own mug shot of yourself! 🎉
- Password Reset now works so you can recover from a forgotten password.
- Replies are more convenient and intuiative.
🍱 And on top of all that?! 😲
- APIv1 with the following endpoints:
🍱 What is this you say? This is for the new and upcoming Mobile (iOS) App, upcoming CLI and all kinds of other integrations you smart devs will come up with! 🎉😎
BIG Should out to all the new Contributors on the project and for all the support so far!
- 🔒 @dbohdan for contributing security fixes
- ✅ @dooven for contributing heaps of bug fixes and having the best Test Plans!
- 🏗 @shahxeb for building out the Password Reset and Media Upload features!
- 📌 @lwojcik for spinning up a new twtxt instnace!
- 🏗 @aaadonai for building out the new iOS Mobile App!
- 📚 @flavienbwk for fixing documentation and Docker build flows!
If I missed anyone, please hit me up on twtxt.net and tag me
🐛 Bug Fixes
- 🛠 Fix size of external feed icons
- 🛠 Fix alignment of Twts a bit better (align the actions and Twt post time)
- 🛠 Fix alignment of uploaded media to be display: block; aligned
- 🛠 Fix postas functionality post Media Upload (Missing form= attr)
- 🛠 Fix downscale resolution of media
- 🛠 Fix bug with appending new media URI to text input
- 🛠 Fix misuse of pronoun in postas dropdown field
- 🛠 Fix sourcer links in README
- 🛠 Fix bad error handling in /settings endpoint for missing avatar_file (Fixes #63)
- 🛠 Fix potential vulnerability and limit fetches to a configurable limit
- 🛠 Fix accidental double posting
- 🛠 Fix /settings handler to limit request body
- 🛠 Fix followers page (#53)
- 🛠 Fix wording on settings re showing followers publicly
- 🛠 Fix bug that incorrectly redirects to the / when you're posting from /discover
- 🛠 Fix profile template and profile type to show followers correctly with correct link
- 🛠 Fix Profile.Type setting when calling .Profile() on models
- 🛠 Fix a few misisng trimSuffix calls in some tempaltes
- 🛠 Fix sessino persistence and increase default session timeout to 10days (#49)
- 🛠 Fix session unmarshalling caused by 150690c
- 🛠 Fix the mess that is User/Feed URL vs. TwtURL (#47)
- 🛠 Fix user registration to disallow existing users and feeds
- 🛠 Fix the specialUsernames feeds for the adminuser properly on twtxt.net
- 🛠 Fix remainder of feeds on twtxt.net (we lost the contents of news oh well)
- 🛠 Fix new feed entities on twtxt.net
- 🛠 Fix all logging in background jobs to only output warnings
- 🛠 Fix and tidy up dependencies
- ➕ Add /api/v1/follow endpoint
- ➕ Add /api/v1/discover endpoint
- ➕ Add /api/v1/timeline endpoint and content negogiation for general NotFound handler
- ➕ Add a basic APIv1 set of endpoints (#66)
- ➕ Add Media Upload Support (#69)
- ➕ Add Etag in AvatarHandler (#67)
- ➕ Add meta tags to base template
- ➕ Add improved mobile friendly top navbar
- ➕ Add logging for SMTP configuration on startup
- ➕ Add configuration options for SMTP From addresss used
- ➕ Add fixPossibleFeedFollowers migration for twtxt.net
- ➕ Add avatar upload to /settings (#61)
- ➕ Add update email to /settings (Fixees #55
- ➕ Add Password Reset feature (#51)
- ➕ Add list of local (sub)Feeds to the /feeds view for better discovery of user created feeds
- ➕ Add Feed model with feed profiles
- ➕ Add link to followers
- ➕ Add random tweet prompts for a nice variance on the text placeholder
- ➕ Add user Avatars to the User Profile view as well
- ➕ Add Identicons and support for Profile Avatars (#43)
- ➕ Add a flag that allows users to set if the public can see who follows them
- ⚡️ Update CHANGELOG for 0.0.11
- ⚡️ Update README.md
- ⚡️ Update README
- ⚡️ Update and improve handling to include conventional (re ...) (#68)
- ⚡️ Update pager wording
- ⚡️ Update pager wording (It's Twts)
- ⚡️ Update CHANGELOG for 0.0.11
- ⚡️ Update default list of external feeds and add we-are-twtxt
- 🔨 Update feed sources, refactor and improve the UI/UX by displaying feed sources by source instead of lumped together