Typemill alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Neos - Neos or TYPO3 Neos" category.
Alternatively, view Typemill alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Typemill or a related project?
TYPEMILL is a small flat file cms created for editors and writers. It provides a author-friendly dashboard and a visual-block-editor for markdown based on vue.js. Use TYPEMILL for manuals, documentations, web-books and similar publications. The website http://typemill.net itself is an example for TYPEMILL.
- Website with markdown-files.
- Flexible drag & drop navigation.
- Visual markdown editor (VUE.js) and raw markdown mode.
- Markdown extras with
- table of contents (TOC)
- definition lists
- math (with plugin)
- figures with captions
- Media library with images and files.
- System configurations.
- User management.
- Flexible form management with YAML-files.
- Plugins (with symfony event dispatcher).
- Themes (with TWIG).
- PHP 7+
- Apache server
- mod_rewrite and htaccess
If you run a linux system, then please double check that mod_rewrite and htaccess are active!!!
Download TYPEMILL from the TYPEMILL website, unzip the files and you are done.
If you are a developer, you can also clone this repository. To do so, open your command line, go to your project folder (e.g. htdocs) and type:
git clone git://github.com/trendschau/typemill.git
The GitHub-version has no vendor-folder, so you have to update and include all libraries and dependencies with composer. To do so, open your command line, go to your TYPEMILL folder and type:
If you did not use composer before, please go to the composer website and start to learn.
To run TYPEMILL on a live system, simply upload the files to your server
Make Folders Writable.
Make sure that the following folders and all their files are writable (permission 774 recursively):
You can use your ftp-software for that.
Please go to
your-typemill-website.com/setup, create an initial user and configure your system in the author panel.
You can find your login screen under
/tm/login or simply go to
/setup and you will be redirected to the login-page.
You can read the full documentation for writers, for theme developers and for plugin developers on the TYPEMILL website.
TYPEMILL is published under MIT licence. Please check the licence of the included libraries, too.
Contributors & Supporters
- Severo Iuliano manages the internationalization i18n.
- Eziquel Bruni edits the typemill documentation.
- Ricky developed the discard functionality.
- vodaris sponsored the development of the search plugin.
How to Contribute
Typemill is still in an early stage and contributions are highly welcome.
You can check the roadmap for Typemill and scroll through the issues. I will mark issues in future that are easy to start with or where help is highly appreciated.
Here are some contribution-ideas for non-coder:
- Share typemill with social media.
- Write about typemill.
- Improve the documentation.
- Find bugs and errors (open a new issue on github for it).
- Describe some missing features and explain, why they are important for other users.
Some ideas for devs (please fork this repository make your changes and create a pull request):
- Fix a bug.
- Create or port a theme, especially for documentations, knowlegde bases or web-books.
- Create a fancy plugin.
- An auto-update functionality for core system, plugins and themes is highly needed.
- Improve the accessibility of html and css.
- Implement user roles and rights with RBAC or ACL.
- Write autotests with Cypress.
For hints, questions, problems and support, please open up a new issue on GitHub.
This is an open source project. I love it and I spend about 20 hours a week on it (starting in 2017). There is no business model right now, but you can support this project with a donation or simply hire me for implementations.