Zenbot 3 alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Automation" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Zenbot 3 or a related project?
“To follow the path, look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master, become the master.” – Zen Proverb
Zenbot is a command-line cryptocurrency trading bot using Node.js and MongoDB. It features:
- Fully-automated technical-analysis-based trading approach
- Full support for Binance, Bitfinex, Bitstamp, Bittrex, CEX.IO, GDAX, Gemini, HitBTC, Kraken, Poloniex, QuadrigaCX and TheRockTrading, work on further exchange support is ongoing.
- Plugin architecture for implementing exchange support, or writing new strategies
- Simulator for backtesting strategies against historical data
- "Paper" trading mode, operates on a simulated balance while watching the live market
- Configurable sell stops, buy stops, and (trailing) profit stops
- Flexible sampling period and trade frequency - averages 1-2 trades/day with 1h period, 15-50/day with 5m period
- Zenbot is NOT a sure-fire profit machine. Use it AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Crypto-currency is still an experiment, and therefore so is Zenbot. Meaning, both may fail at any time.
- Running a bot, and trading in general requires careful study of the risks and parameters involved. A wrong setting can cause you a major loss.
- Never leave the bot un-monitored for long periods of time. Zenbot doesn't know when to stop, so be prepared to stop it if too much loss occurs.
- Often times the default trade parameters will underperform vs. a buy-hold strategy, so run some simulations and find the optimal parameters for your chosen exchange/pair before going "all-in".
The extensive documentation is located at the [docs-folder](docs/).
First have a look at the [docs](docs/) and there are also [FAQs](docs/FAQ.md) which may answer your questions. If not, please ask (programming) questions related to Zenbot on Reddit (subreddit zenbot).
Join the Zenbot community on Reddit!
P.S., some have asked for how to donate to Zenbot development. We accept donations at Bitcoin addresses below:
carlos8f's BTC (original Zenbot author)
DeviaVir's BTC (current maintainer)
- Copyright (C) 2018 Carlos Rodriguez
- Copyright (C) 2018 Terra Eclipse, Inc. (http://www.terraeclipse.com/)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Zenbot 3 README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.