🆕 New features & Improvements:
- Ablity to use websockets without having to manually edit nginx config (https://github.com/caprover/caprover/issues/439)
- 👀 Double hyphen in "image name" is now changed to single hyphen,
img-captain--myappis now changed to
img-captain-myapp. This is to address the problem with 3rd party docker registries. See (https://github.com/caprover/caprover/issues/454). Note that this is only applied to the newly built images. All existing images will stay intact. Also keep in mind that service names and volume names remain the same with double hyphens for now.
- 🏗 Builds are now being queued instead of dropping the build if another one is in progress. See (https://github.com/caprover/caprover/issues/266)
- Ability to rename apps (https://github.com/caprover/caprover/issues/402)
- Limiting login failures to avoid brute-forcing the password (https://github.com/caprover/caprover/issues/419)
- Switched to fake certs for https catch all to avoid disclosing dashboard address.
- 👀 Pulling nginx and certbot images to ensure smooth install even on buggy docker installations. See this: https://github.com/caprover/caprover/issues/450
- 👀 Make the root domain available as a variable in one-click apps. See https://github.com/caprover/caprover/issues/435
🐛 Bug fixes:
- 🛠 Backup creation was fixed for instances that were migrated from CaptainDuckDuck
- 🐧 Python and Ruby templates were patched to allow using latest version of Linux automatically
- ⚡️ updated npm packages to address potential vulnerabilities
🆕 New Features:
- ➕ Added SSH key support for git webhook automatic deploy (#342)
- ➕ Added built-in support for HTTP basic auth (#336)
- ➕ Added option to add some app notes (description) to your apps (#403)
- 🔄 Changed One-Click app selector to allow search (#394)
- Setting maximum version history to last 50 versions to keep the config file small
- ➕ Added Remember Me to web dashboard
- ➕ Added option to delete volumes when persistent app is being deleted
🐛 Bug fixes:
- Auto redirect after Force SSL was broken on frontend (#399)
- 👀 Backup capability added (for configs and SSL certs). See docs for more details.
- 🔊 Health checks are now excluded from CapRover and nginx logs
- Front-end is now almost mobile friendly.
- 0️⃣ Improved default SSL (https://github.com/caprover/caprover/issues/371)
- Ability to change the root domain post installation
- 🐳 Web UI now waits for logs to get retrieved before sending another refresh. This fixes the rare case where the entire UI hangs because of Docker being unresponsive.
- 🔊 Fixed non English characters in the logs
- 🔊 Logs are now correctly sorted on the front-end
👀 Awesome news for legacy CaptainDuckDuck users! You can now migrate to CapRover! See this:
- Monorepos are now first class citizens, thanks to this suggestion #356 (comment) by @robgraeber
- ✅ Custom One-Click apps. Now everyone can create a one click app as the templates are now easily testable. Use the last option in One-Click apps list (Template) and create a Pull Request here: https://github.com/caprover/one-click-apps
- 🏗 Force git build button
- Hide/Show password clear text password fields
- 🐳 Fall back to
captain-definitionfile does not exist
- Removal of Ports and Volumes (#355)
- Not saving SMTP if username is not provided (some password managers autofill password field!)
- 🛠 Fixed deploy when some version are manually removed from
🍱 Donation campaign launched ❤
⚡️ Major Update. Renamed from CaptainDuckDuck to CapRover
⬆️ Script for upgrading from CaptainDuckDuck to CapRover will be ready in a few weeks, here.
💥 Breaking Changes:
- ⬆️ schemaVersion in captain-definition file is now upgraded to 2
- 🐳 The extra ./src prefix is no longer needed for captain-definition dockerfiles. You need to remove ./src from the first argument in your COPY and ADD statements in your dockerfileLines
- ⏪ One Click Rollback
- 🏗 Improved build logs on webview.
- 🚀 Improved downtime between deploys
- 🐳 Allowing Dockerfile to be referenced in captain-definition (https://github.com/caprover/caprover/issues/113)
- 🚀 Ability to reference imageName inside captain-definition directly when you want o deploy an already built image from DockerHub.
- 💻 Easy to copy and paste environmental variables UI: (https://github.com/caprover/caprover/issues/256)
- ⚡️ Added a separate one-click repository which can be updated continuously - built based on docker compose (https://github.com/caprover/one-click-apps)
- 🐳 Ability to simply copy and paste a Dockerfile and captain-definition files on web dashboard.
- 0️⃣ Improved cluster support by adding ability to turn on/off the registry, have multiple private registries, change default registry.
- 💻 Web dashboard UI improvements.
- Backend rewrite in TypeScript.
- Frontend rewrite in TypeScript via React + ant.design
- CLI rewrite in TypeScript
- ⚡️ Updated Certbot (Let's Encrypt)
- ⚡️ npm package updates for major security vulnerabilities
- ⚡️ Updated default tags for MySQL in WordPress
- ⚡️ Updated links in the front end app
- 🛠 Fixed the issue with HTTPS repos https://github.com/githubsaturn/captainduckduck/issues/283
- 🛠 Fixed port mapping disabled on app push
- Added VSTS Agent as one-click app
👀 Starting V0.7.0, nginx was no longer using the Docker routing mesh, this was done to support showing real IPs behind requests. However, this caused issues on servers that have their ports blocked by firewall, see https://github.com/githubsaturn/captainduckduck/issues/237
✅ Although it's not a bug in CaptainDuckDuck, it might cause confusion for new users, hence, a precheck for firewall test is added to the installation phase. If a firewall on important ports is detected, the user will be warned with a proper message and an instruction on how to disable firewall.
- 0️⃣ Ability to override default values. This includes overriding default Captain dashboard subdomain and etc.
- 👍 Allowing precheck for wildcard domain to be skipped if the provider doesn't support wildcard
- 🚀 One-click apps can now be deployed with specific tags (versions)
- The user can now optionally change the instance count of persistent apps.
- Unused images clean up added to settings
- Back button works as expected in apps settings page
- Sticky footer for Save and Delete buttons on the app page
- 🐳 Move Docker registry settings to Nodes page from the main dashboard page
- Revealing real IP by using