🚀 Released September 9th, 2021
The most notable changes are following:
- Reimplemented User views using services
- Services for changing email, password, settings and details
- ⚡️ Hooks for email, password, settings and details updates
- Hook for user profile sidebar links
- ➕ Added helper for generating dynamic navbar content
- Gender is now a text field rather than a dropdown
- ⬆️ Upgrade to Flask 2.0 and SQLAlchemy 1.4
- ⬆️ Upgrade Bootstrap 3 to Bootstrap 5
- ✂ Remove JQuery dependency by rewriting some parts to be plain JS
- Replace Bootstrap-Markdown editor with GitHub-Markdown-Toolbar
- 🛠 ... and lots of other fixes and improvements
🚀 Released July 15th, 2018
- 🛠 Fix issue with declaring log config file path
🚀 Released June 21st, 2018
- 🛠 Fix issue where activation tokens would fail with an exception
🔖 Version 2.0.0
🚀 Released on May 16th, 2018.
- 👌 Improved management panel load time by requesting celery status async (PR #429)
- 🔌 Migrated FlaskBB internal behavior to use plugin hook system (PRs
#369, #413, #419, #423, #426, #435, #436)
- Migrated behavior in flaskbb.auth from living in route handlers and into
services (PRs #421, #424)
- 👌 Improved emoji support (PR #417)
- Migrated private messages into a
- 🛠 Fixed issue where user could not re-select having the default theme (PR #387)
- 🛠 Fixed issue where a reinstall would attempt to drop the entire database
instead of just the tables associated with FlaskBB (PR #364)
- ➕ Added ability to hide and unhide topics and posts, preventing unprivileged
👉 users from viewing them (PR #325)
- 🛠 Fixed issue where password was not required when editing a user in the admin
panel (PR #321)
- 🔌 Migrated from Flask-Plugins to Pluggy as plugin system for plugins.
🔌 Plugins are now loaded via entry points and thus have to be installed
🚚 into the same environment as FlaskBB. During this migration we also moved
🔌 the portal plugin into its own
📦 python package which can be installed via
pip install flaskbb-plugin-portal. (PR #311)
- ➕ Adds the functionality to "soft delete" posts and topics. (PR #325)
- 👌 Improve logging. (PR #327)
- 🛠 Prefixes migrations with a timestamp which will sort them by creation date. (PR #353)
- Transform views into Class-based Views. (PR #324)
- ⬇️ Drop the tables instead of dropping the database when uninstalling FlaskBB. (PR #364)
- Create the database using SQLAlchemy's
db.create_alland stamp it as
✅ 'latest' instead of going through all migrations.
- 🛠 Fixes a bug that prevented users to activate their accounts via the form
- 🛠 Fixes a translations bug that wouldn't take the territory code into account
when choosing a language (#299).
- 🛠 Fixes a bug which would not show all conversations in the conversations view.
- Fixes a bug that made a forum section inaccessible when the
of a topic was set to None.
- ⚡️ Various translations updated.
- 🛠 Multiple permission fixes and various other fixes.
🚀 This is the first release of FlaskBB.
There are still a few rough edges here and there but overall it is running quite stable.
🚀 I hope that with this release I can accelerate the development of FlaskBB which stagnated a bit lately.
It ships with following features:
- Private Messages
- Admin Interface
- Group based permissions
- 👍 Markdown Support
- Topic Tracker
- Unread Topics/Forums
- 👍 i18n Support
- Completely Themeable
- 🔌 Plugin System
- 💻 Command Line Interface
✅ The official installation guide is located here. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to open a new topic on our forums. The GitHub Issue tracker should be used for bugs and features.