Open Source POS v3.1.1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2017-09-09 // almost 5 years ago
🚀 Today we're delighted to announce a new minor release with few bug fixes. Please read below for more details.
Please use the file opensourcepos.201709090853220.127.116.11.76a002.zip for the full installation.
🔖 Version 3.1.1
- ⚡️ Updated en-US and en-GB translations, better grammar and consistency
- 🛠 Fixed database migration issue with VAT tax included
- 🛠 Fixed database backup bug
- 🛠 Fixed Gift card error
- 🛠 Fixed database upgrade to 3.1.x script (now it's to 3.1.1 and there is no 3.1.0 anymore)
- 🛠 Fixed old database upgrade scripts for people upgrading from 2.x versions
- 🛠 Fixed .htaccess file in opensourcepos root dir (it was not forwarding to public subdir)
- 🛠 Fixed few jQuery 2.0 upgrade issues
🚀 For this release I would like to thank all the contributors for the continuous effort to keep the project moving forward. Keep up the good work! You know who you are.
⬆️ UPGRADE from version 3.0.2
For this version an upgrade is required, which means that some configuration files will need to be adapted. Therefore please read the UPGRADE.TXT file first. The 3.0.2_to_3.1.1.sql migration script needs to be executed on your server. Just copy paste the contents into a phpMyAdmin SQL console or execute it from the command line.
⬆️ WARNING: Always a good idea to do a backup previous to an upgrade. This is not an exception.
- Backup your database.
- 🌐 Backup your ospos files (normally at web server place)
- Backup your ospos/application/config/database.php and ospos/application/config/config.php files
- ✂ Remove all your ospos files (do not remove nor modify database data!!!)
- Extract the files for version 3.1.1
- 🚚 Move the files to your web server place
- ⬆️ Run the database upgrade scripts
- Copy application/config/database.php.tmpl to application/config/database.php
- ⏪ Restore the content of your ospos/application/config/database.php and ospos/application/config/config.php files in the new files
- 🚚 Move the content of old uploads dir to public/uploads
- 👉 Make sure your webroot points to public/ directory as index.php is now contained there
- 🌲 Log into OSPOS and go to Migrate, execute the migration step (required for the new Tax support)
- Now you are good to go and use your new version of OSPOS