Pepperminty Wiki alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Mediawiki PHP" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Pepperminty Wiki or a related project?
A Wiki in a box
Pepperminty Wiki is a complete wiki engine contained in a single file, inspired by @am2064's Minty Wiki. It's open source too (under MPL-2.0), so contributions are welcome!
Developed by Starbeamrainbowlabs (though contributions from others are welcome!), Pepperminty Wiki has a variety of useful (and cool!) features - such as file upload, a dynamic help page, page revision history, page tags, and more! Other amazing features are in the works too (like a theme gallery, auto update, and user watchlists), so check the release notes to see what's been added recently.
Latest Version: (Changelog)
For everything you need to know (including how to get your own copy!), you probably want the documentation. It can be found here:
Real World Usage
None yet! Contact me or open an issue and tell me about where you are using Pepperminty Wiki and I'll add you to this section :smiley_cat:
Pepperminty Wiki has been mentioned in a few places though:
Here's a list of things that I want to add at some point (please feel free to send a pull request and help out!).
- Better page history (
revert to revisiondone!, compare revisions, etc.) ( #78, #79)
- Intelligent auto-updating system that doesn't wipe your settings / module choices
- A module registry of some sort (ideas welcome!)
- Image maps (#103)
- An app for Android - in progress over here!
- Participate in the beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.sbrl.peppermint
- Report issues here
- An iOS app is not practical for the foreseeable future.
- It's too expensive.
- The ecosystem is very closed off, and I've no idea how to make an iOS app (nor do I own a device to test it on)
- Feel free to make one yourself!
- I'm happy to help out if you need help with Pepperminty Wiki itself (e.g. making it more machine-readable (#138))
- Message on Gitter (see above), or open an issue on this repository.
User watchlistscoming in v0.21! Theme gallery (#5 - coming soon in v0.20!)done, as of v0.20-beta1
- Self-service user registration (#181)
- (See more on the issue tracker!)
If you've found a security issue, please don't open an issue. Instead, get in touch privately - e.g. via Keybase or by email (
security [at sign] starbeamrainbowlabs [replace me with a dot] com), and I'll try to respond ASAP.
The recommended way of running Pepperminty Wiki is with a plain PHP-enabled web server. However, a docker container is generously provided by @SQL-enwiki. You can run it like so:
docker run -d sqlatenwiki/peppermintywiki:stable
Contributions are very welcome - both issues and pull requests! Please mention in your pull request that you release your work under the MPL-2.0 (see below).
If you're feeling that way inclined, the sponsor button at the top of the page (if you're on GitHub) will take you to my Liberapay profile if you'd like to donate to say an extra thank you :-)
Pepperminty Wiki is released under the Mozilla Public License 2.0. The full license text is included in the
LICENSE file in this repository. Tldr legal have a great summary of the license if you're interested.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Pepperminty Wiki README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.