RecipeSage alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Recipe management" category.
Alternatively, view RecipeSage alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
5.8 9.4 RecipeSage VS MealieMealie is a self hosted recipe manager and meal planner with a RestAPI backend and a reactive frontend application built in Vue for a pleasant user experience for the whole family. Easily add recipes into your database by providing the url and mealie will automatically import the relevant data or add a family recipe with the UI editor
Do you think we are missing an alternative of RecipeSage or a related project?
RecipeSage - A Collaborative Recipe Keeper, Meal Planner, and Shopping List Organizer
Share and collaborate on recipes, manage household shopping lists and meal planning, and import recipes from anywhere on the web instantly.
:fork_and_knife: What can RecipeSage do?
- Import from any URL: Create a recipe simply by punching in a web URL
- Powerful search: Search every field within your recipes including misspellings and similar words
- Labelling/categorization system: Tag your recipes and filter by tags
- Drag and drop meal planning: Schedule your meals interactively, quickly and easily
- Shopping lists: Automatically categorized and intelligently grouped - add your recipes directly to a shopping list and similar items will be combined
- Sharing and public profiles: Share your recipe collection and collaborate on meal plans/shopping lists with your family or friends
- Import: Supports Pepperplate, Living Cookbook, and Paprika
- Export: Back up your recipes in multiple formats for data portability
- Dark mode: Never blind yourself at night again! (or leave dark mode enabled all the time like I do)
You can access the hosted version of RecipeSage here: https://recipesage.com
You can also selfhost your own copy or RecipeSage (see https://github.com/julianpoy/recipesage#ramen-self-hosting)
Store your recipes
All of your recipes in one place, and access them from any device.
Progressive Web App
Feels native on every device, and can be installed to the homescreen.
Automatically import from any URL
Import recipes from any website out there (see RecipeClipper for more info on how it does this).
Plan your meals and shopping
A built-in meal planner makes it easy to plan your meals. Meal plans and shopping lists can be shared between multiple people!
Meal plans support drag and drop, shopping lists support automatic item categorization.
:ramen: Self Hosting
To selfhost RecipeSage, I recommend that you use the preconfigured docker-compose files available here: https://github.com/julianpoy/recipesage-selfhost
You're welcome to configure or set up your own selfhost config based on this repository, but you may run into complications. The selfhost repository is setup to be easy to spin up, while this repository is oriented towards development.
RecipeSage is dual-licensed.
For all non-commercial usage, RecipeSage is available for use under the terms of the AGPL-3.0 license.
For all commercial usage, RecipeSage is only available for licensing upon request. You may contact me at [email protected] to request a license. Pricing for commercial licenses will depend on usage, and all associated fees/proceeds are intended to support the project and community as a whole.
Contributor license agreement.
This allows RecipeSage to continue to provide the hosted instance, as well as license the API to other projects that may not have compatible licenses with AGPL.
When contributing or suggesting code for RecipeSage, you irrevocably grant RecipeSage all rights to that code. See the [CLA file](docs/CLA.md) in the repo for the complete CLA.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the RecipeSage README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.