🚀 This release has some little improvements and bug fixes.
- 👍 Map internal database messages to user messages for supporting extensions like snakeoil (#285 , #255 )
- 💻 Replace sematic-ui with fomantic-ui and get rid of the request to google for obtaining a font. This makes sharry finally better usable without any internet connection.
- ➕ Add a "shallow" pwa service worker to be better installable on android devices (#289 )
- Hide the change password form for "external" accounts. (#287 , #262)
- 🛠 Fix a bug in the documentation regarding nginx reverse proxy (#278 , thanks @gboudreau )
- 🛠 Fix a bug where the internal "fixed" account was not added as admin (#286, #279 )
- 👌 Improve cookie settings and retrieve base-url dynamically if not changed in the config. This makes it easier to setup (#290)
- Apply change in validity time to published date immediately (#167)
- Translate date-time strings (#192)
- ➕ Add a copy-link button to copy share and alias URLs into the clipboard (#191)
- 🛠 Fixes a bug where the description text gets lost when switching editor modes (#195)
- 👉 Make the download button for files more visible and allow to download when clicking on the filename (#196)
🚀 This release contains an important bug fix and a new language for the web-ui.
- ♻️ Refactoring of the webapp to externalize all strings for being easier to translate.
- ➕ Added German translation.
- 🛠 Fixes a bug where the current file size in the db was wrongly advertised, resulting in ocassionally re-uploading already present chunks of data. This fixes problems from cancelled requests by the server. Now even if a large request is cancelled due to server timeouts, the client can continue at the last uploaded
512Kby default) chunk. Before this fix, the client would have resend the entire request, although the server already had parts of it stored.
- 👍 Allow to configure the response timeout of the http server. The default is now set to 4 minutes.
- 🔄 Changes default config values for
10M. This is a saner default for slow connections as the server may timeout for large requests like 100M. This means slower but more reliable uploads. You can still safely set it to
100Mfor faster connections.
- 🔄 Change default settings for
session-validto 8 minutes and introduce a new setting to allow configuring the refresh interval of the webapp when retrieving auth tokens (default is 4 minutes).
🌐 Any help with translation is very much appreciated! There is a wiki page for a description on how to proceed. Just open issues for questions and/or other feedback.
🚀 This release mainly updates many of the used libraries.
- 🛠 Fix bug where sharry used wrong tablenames in SQL queries (#95)
- 👍 Allow to configure a welcome message on the login screen (this was possible before 1.0)
- 👍 Allow to configure the logo image, the icon and the footer to completely rebrand the app
So…, I finally found some time to work on sharry again. The result is a complete overhaul, almost everything has been rewritten. Why a rewrite? I used this project back then to start learning new technologies, like fs2/cats and Elm. So if you had a look at the code, now you know :). It is now much more modular and cleaner and there have been changes in used libraries, as well. This all together resulted in a re-design and rewrite.
The application still works as before, the ideas remain. Some features have been added, and others dropped. The most notable changes are:
- ✅ More authentication options have been added: http basic and (experimantal) OAuth support. I only tested OAuth login via Github and Google. Any feedback here is highly appreciated.
- 🆕 New users can signup, either allow it for all, none, or use invitation keys
- 💻 The UI has a new design, it hopefully feels more natural to use. Also, the strange behaviour related to login sessions is now fixed.
- 📚 The REST api has been properly specified using OpenApi v3. This results in nice (generated) documentation.
- More alternatives for uploading files: You can now simply run a
curlcommand to upload files.
- The webclient now relies on the tus protocol for reliably uploading files. Uploads should be faster now.
- Re-publish using the same id as before
- Fully edit your shared files
- 📚 Separate documentation. Documentation is at a different place and not build into the application artifact.
- 🚚 The command line client is removed. It was too buggy, and maintaining it is too expensive for me (and I'm not using it…).
- 🏗 The build is now a lot less complex.
- 📦 Sharry is distributed now as a
debpackage and a
zipfile. It is not an executable jar file anymore.
📚 Feedback, as always, is very welcome. Check the new documentation and try it out. When upgrading, see the migration guide in the documentation, there are semi-manual steps necessary.