sleek is an open-source todo app that makes use of the todo.txt format. sleeks GUI is modern and simple but still offers a decent set of functions which help users getting things done. sleek is available as a client for Windows, MacOS and Linux.
Users can add contexts, projects, priorities, due dates or recurrences to their todos. These todo.txt attributes can then be used in full-text search, as filters or to group and sort the todo list.
sleek manages and watches multiple todo.txt files continuously for changes, which makes it easy to integrate sleek with other todo.txt apps. Also users can switch to dark mode and choose from multiple languages.
Todos with due date or repeating todos will trigger notifications and completed todos can be hidden or archived into separate done.txt files. If users have tons of todos, a compact view can come in handy.
sleek alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "tasks" category.
Alternatively, view sleek alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of sleek or a related project?
sleek is an open-source (FOSS) todo manager based on the todo.txt syntax. It's available for Windows, MacOS and Linux
- Support sleek
- Get it from Mac App Store
- Get it from Microsoft Store
- Get it from Snap Store
- Get it from Flathub
- Get it from Homebrew
- Get it from Arch User Repository
- Download it
- Build it from source code
- State of development
- Used libraries
sleek is an open-source (FOSS) todo manager based on the todo.txt syntax. Stripped down to only the most necessary features, and with a clean and simple interface, sleek aims to help you focus on getting things done.
All classic todo.txt attributes are supported and enhanced by additional features. Creating todos is straightforward, and tag-based filtering in tandem with highly customisable grouping and smart full-text search allow for rapid information retrieval. Completed todos can be hidden or archived into separate done.txt files. Easy integration with other todo.txt apps is facilitated by continuously scanning todo.txt files for changes.
sleek is available for Windows, MacOS and Linux, and in several languages. For a detailed list of features, see below.
[Alt text](assets/screenshots/mac/main.png?raw=true "Screenshot of sleek's todo list view") [Alt text](assets/screenshots/mac/drawer.png?raw=true "Screenshot of sleek's auto complete function and multi line todo feature")
sleeks state of development
A prioritized backlog of new features and known issues as well as an overview on what is being worked on at the moment can be found here.
- Star, fork and watch it on Github.
- Review it on Mac App Store, SourceForge or Windows Store
- Contribute to sleek
Get sleek from Apple Mac App Store
Get sleek from Microsoft Store
Get sleek from Snap Store
Install sleek from Snap Store using:
sudo snap install sleek
Get sleek from Flathub
Install sleek from Flathub using:
flatpak install flathub com.github.ransome1.sleek
Run it using:
flatpak run com.github.ransome1.sleek
Get sleek from Homebrew
Install sleek from Homebrew.
brew install --cask sleek
Get sleek from Arch User Repository
Install sleek from AUR.
- Setup Yay
yay -S sleek
You can download sleek for Windows, MacOS and Linux from
Build sleek from source code
- Setup Git, node.js and yarn.
- Clone sleek
git clone https://github.com/ransome1/sleek.gitand cd into sleeks directory
- Install dependencies
yarn install --production
- Build sleek
- Uses existing todo.txt files or creates new ones
- Add and search for todos by
- due dates
- creation dates
- recurrences (repeating todos)
- threshold dates
- Sort and group todos by priority, due and creation date, context and project or as they occur in the text file
- Filter todos by context, project and priority
- Find todos using full-text search compatible with todo.txt syntax
- Inline autocomplete available
- Dates and priorities can be selected by built-in picker elements
- Navigable via keyboard shortcuts
- Tabindex available
- Options for due date reminders and notification badges
- Easily toggle between dark and light mode
- Compact view and zoom available
- Completed todos can be shown, hidden and archived
- Multi line todos can be created
- Filters are sorted alphanummerically and can be renamed or deleted
- Hyperlinks detected automatically
- File watcher scans todo.txt files for changes
- Simultaneously manage multiple todo.txt files
- Language options
- Simplified Chinese
- Brazilian Portugese
A more detailed documentation can be found in sleeks wiki.
- Electron: https://github.com/electron/electron
- Electron builder: https://github.com/electron-userland/electron-builder
- Electron Notarize: https://github.com/electron/electron-notarize
- Electron Windows Badge: https://github.com/viktor-shmigol/electron-windows-badge
- electron-reloader: https://github.com/sindresorhus/electron-reloader
- Bulma CSS: https://github.com/jgthms/bulma
- Font Awesome: https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome
- jsTodoTxt: https://github.com/jmhobbs/jsTodoTxt
- Marked: https://github.com/markedjs/marked
- vanillajs-datepicker: https://github.com/mymth/vanillajs-datepicker
- i18next: https://github.com/i18next/i18next
- i18next-fs-backend: https://github.com/i18next/i18next-fs-backend
- Matomo: https://github.com/matomo-org/matomo
- chokidar: https://github.com/paulmillr/chokidar
- Sugar: https://github.com/andrewplummer/Sugar
- PEG.js: https://github.com/pegjs/pegjs
- Playwright: https://github.com/microsoft/playwright
- Sass: https://github.com/sass/sass
- eslint: https://github.com/eslint/eslint