Syncthing v1.4.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-03-17 // 20 days ago
A new config option maxConcurrentIncomingRequestKiB has been added to
limit the maximum amount of request data being concurrently processed
🔀 due to incoming requests. This limits Syncthing's peak RAM usage when
0️⃣ there are many connected devices all requesting file data. The default
is 256 MiB.
🚚 The config option maxConcurrentScans has been removed and replaced a
🆕 new config option maxFolderConcurrency. In addition to just limiting
🔀 concurrent scans it now also limits concurrent sync operations. The
0️⃣ default is the number of available CPU threads ("GOMAXPROCS").
🔀 Syncthing now always runs the monitor process, which previously was
disabled with -no-restart. This facilitates crash reporting and makes
🌲 logging behave more consistently. The observed behavior with
-no-restart should be the same as before but the internals differ.
The database schema has been improved and will result in a migration
⬆️ plus compaction at first startup after the upgrade.
- 🐧 #4774: Doesn't react to Ctrl-C when run in a subshell with -no-restart (Linux)
- 🔀 #5952: panic: Should never get a deleted file as needed when we don't have it
- 🔀 #6281: Progress emitter uses 100% CPU
- 🔀 #6300: lib/ignore: panic: runtime error: index out of range  with length 0
- 🔀 #6304: Syncing issues, database missing sequence entries
- 🔀 #6335: Crash or hard shutdown can case database inconsistency, out of sync