Tuber alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Synapse" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Tuber or a related project?
Peer-to-peer video chat that works. It's tuber-time!
- Video chat with up to 15 people (limited only by user interface)
- Buttons to selectively mute audio and turn off video
- Supported without client software by browsers with WebRTC
- Does not require client software
- Does not require a Google+ account
- Does not send video stream through a 3rd party
- Does not spike your CPU at 100% utilization
Install to Heroku
tubertc supports Heroku as a demonstration platform. Deployment can be done via the one-click Deploy to Heroku button or the commands below:
heroku login git clone https://github.com/trailofbits/tubertc.git cd tubertc heroku create --http-git git push heroku master heroku ps:scale web=1 heroku open heroku logs --tail
The server port, debug level, and SSL settings are configured via the
settings.json file. tubertc uses port 8080, debug mode, and HTTP by default.
tubertc is the most usable open source video chat I've seen
I'm using Chrome and I get a PermissionDeniedError
Chrome 47 and higher block non-TLS access to WebRTC. Try accessing Tuber with HTTPS. If you would like to help us develop Tuber, please consider writing tools that assist with the creation and installation of TLS certificates for local installations.
Some users can't send or receive audio/video
Tuber has trouble talking with users behind NAT. Supporting users behind NAT requires a properly configured and tested STUN/TURN server. As it stands, Tuber works fine on most corporate LANs but, due to this issue, has trouble working reliably on the open internet.