Atheos v4.3.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-09-01 // over 1 year ago
Future: I'm putting this release out mainly as I haven't put out a release in a long time. Atheos has reached a very stable point in my mind, I am going to focus on increasing it's stability from here on out. Unless feature or plugin requests come in, I'll really only be focusing on making Atheos smaller, faster, and more secure but honestly, I'm out of ideas. I've been using Atheos as my sole IDE for a long time and I haven't had to fix or change anything in months it feels like.
🚀 I'm not abandoning Atheos or even stopping development, but for the most part, I want to pivot away from major releases and turn to a rolling schedule with only major yearly package releases.
- 🔌 Plugins : While not Atheos itself, I spend some time rebuilding plugins from Codiad and as a result, had to make minor changes within Atheos that have added up overtime. A release is due simply to help support them.
- CodeGit : Git Integration is 99% complete. The only thing a user needs to do is ensure that their web user has ssh keys to their git account. I haven't found any other solution to maintain security and ease of use.
- Database : I've built a very simple method for handling JSON data to make it easier for plugin developers and even future development. It's a little weird to really use, but it's VERY powerful.
🔧 Tons of bug fixes, optimizations, and standardization across the entire code base. Planned features include a way to view the log and historical toast messages within the settings window, built in feedback and stack-trace system, a fully customizable color scheme, deeper admin configuration, a rebuilt context menu, a built in DB system for plugins to utilize as well.
Previous changes from v4.2.0
- Market Place Rewrite : A heavier focus on revamping some of the old Codiad plugins is coming.
- 💻 Revamping UI : Emphasis on consistent modals, Integrated Find/Replace, Faster Resizing.
- Rebuilt Settings : With the new Modal, focus was put on recreating a cleaner settings system.
- 🆕 New Keyboard Shortcuts : Check the Settings Dialog
- Smaller Size : jQuery and multiple other unused code was removed, font files optimized.
- 👌 Improved Security : A small log system was implemented; check data/log for more.
🔧 Tons of bug fixes, optimizations, and standardization across the entire code base. Planned features include a way to view the log and historical toast messages within the settings window, built in feedback and stack-trace system, a fully customizable color scheme, deeper admin configuration, a rebuilt context menu and finally a finished Git Integration component.