Future: I'm putting this release out mainly as I haven't put out a release in a long time. Atheos has reached a very stable point in my mind, I am going to focus on increasing it's stability from here on out. Unless feature or plugin requests come in, I'll really only be focusing on making Atheos smaller, faster, and more secure but honestly, I'm out of ideas. I've been using Atheos as my sole IDE for a long time and I haven't had to fix or change anything in months it feels like.
🚀 I'm not abandoning Atheos or even stopping development, but for the most part, I want to pivot away from major releases and turn to a rolling schedule with only major yearly package releases.
- 🔌 Plugins : While not Atheos itself, I spend some time rebuilding plugins from Codiad and as a result, had to make minor changes within Atheos that have added up overtime. A release is due simply to help support them.
- CodeGit : Git Integration is 99% complete. The only thing a user needs to do is ensure that their web user has ssh keys to their git account. I haven't found any other solution to maintain security and ease of use.
- Database : I've built a very simple method for handling JSON data to make it easier for plugin developers and even future development. It's a little weird to really use, but it's VERY powerful.
🔧 Tons of bug fixes, optimizations, and standardization across the entire code base. Planned features include a way to view the log and historical toast messages within the settings window, built in feedback and stack-trace system, a fully customizable color scheme, deeper admin configuration, a rebuilt context menu, a built in DB system for plugins to utilize as well.
- Market Place Rewrite : A heavier focus on revamping some of the old Codiad plugins is coming.
- 💻 Revamping UI : Emphasis on consistent modals, Integrated Find/Replace, Faster Resizing.
- Rebuilt Settings : With the new Modal, focus was put on recreating a cleaner settings system.
- 🆕 New Keyboard Shortcuts : Check the Settings Dialog
- Smaller Size : jQuery and multiple other unused code was removed, font files optimized.
- 👌 Improved Security : A small log system was implemented; check data/log for more.
🔧 Tons of bug fixes, optimizations, and standardization across the entire code base. Planned features include a way to view the log and historical toast messages within the settings window, built in feedback and stack-trace system, a fully customizable color scheme, deeper admin configuration, a rebuilt context menu and finally a finished Git Integration component.
🏗 Atheos has reached 90% if the goals I had in place for it and while there is still work to do, it's time to start adding features and growing from here. Past that, there have been massive changes to the code base, tons of bug fixes, rewrites and a full removal of jquery, and honestly a much more stable build.
🛠 Fixes issues with the market place and update components, as well as fixed some issues with the translation methods.
⚡️ Important: This update involved major rewrites of huge chunks of Core functions, and as such will most likely not be compatible anymore with older Codiad plugins, and might need to be a fresh install rather than an upgrade; depending on your system.
- 0️⃣ Codegit Integration: Atheos now has a Git interface by default.
- The Backend has had some major changes:
- Reduced the number of requests to the server.
- Built the groundwork to start moving from Get requests to Posts.
- Added some minor security checks, courtesy of another Fork.
- ⚡️ Deep searching file contents & filtering the file manager by names has been fixed, and optimized quite a bit.
- ⬆️ Sidebars have been unified in function and form making future upgrades much easier.
- All data/config files have been changed to save as proper JSON files.
- 🛠 Hundreds of minor bug fixes and improvements throughout the entire codebase.
🚀 9 hours after release and 2 very annoying bugs were found. Hopefully they have been fixed in this release, along with some other minor changes to the UX.
⚡️ Please note: As Atheos development continues, plugins developed for Codiad will work less and less. I try to maintain compatible version of plugins that I use regularly, however I won't try to maintain all the plugins without cause. If you would like to see a plugin get updated for Atheos, please open an issue and I'll try to put out an updated version. Most of the time, the changes are so minor that it should take very long for me to get back to you.
- Liam Siira
🚀 This is the first Atheos release. Codiad is an insanely complicated project, and while working on it, I've inevitably added some bugs here and there. However, I feel like Atheos has finally reached a point where it deserves a release. Very little, if any of the original UI remains, and there have been countless changes to the way the front end functions.
Please let me know of any bugs that you come across by opening issues on Github.
v2.8.4July 26, 2017
v2.8.3July 25, 2017
v2.8.1April 24, 2017