🆕 New docker multi database support and MySQL/PostgreSQL support for ARM 🎉
Only one image:
👍 It contains support for SQLite, MySQL and PostgreSQL all in one! Supports AMD64, ARMv6, ARMv7 and ARMv8 (Aarch64), and all architectures support all database backends!.
⚡️ Note, the old separate images for MySQL and PostgreSQL will be kept updated for the time being, but it's recommended to migrate when possible.
Which tag to use:
bitwardenrs/server:latest: Tracks the latest released version (i.e., tagged with a version number). Recommended for most users, and generally the most stable.
bitwardenrs/server:testing: Tracks the latest commits to the source repository. Recommended for users who want early access to the newest features or enhancements. Generally pretty stable, but occasional issues are unavoidable.
bitwardenrs/server:x.y.z: Represents a specific released version. Prefer to use latest to keep up-to-date.
Note about ARMv6
- 👀 Docker seems to have some issues with architecture detection on ARMv6, so if you have trouble in that case, use these tags instead:
bitwardenrs/server:x.y.z-alpine: Functionally the same as the above images, but based on Alpine instead of Debian, which results in a smaller image. Only supported for SQLite and the AMD64 and ARMv7 architectures.
- 🐳 Docker alpine image now also works for armv7.
- 🐳 Docker MySQL and PostgreSQL images now also work on armv6, armv7 and armv8-64.
- 🏗 Multiple database support, now you can compile with
cargo build --features sqlite,mysql,postgresqlor any combination of them.
- Now the initial database connection doesn't fail instantly when there's an error, but retries for up to 15 times by default, adjustable with the
- Sessions are properly invalidated now when changing email, password or kdf parameters.
- Items are not shown to organization admins in their user view when they don't have their collection selected. Note that they still appear in the organization view.
- 👍 Allow multiple SMTP auth mechanisms.
- Favorite status in organization items is now tracked at the user level.
- 🛠 Fix admin page when
DOMAINis not configured, or configured incorrectly.
- ⚡️ Update web vault to 2.16.1
- ➕ Add
vendored_opensslfeature, to statically link OpenSSL, disabled by default.
- ⚡️ Updated dependencies and synced global domains file with upstream.
- 🛠 Fixed issue unlocking vault in the desktop client.
- ➕ Added back
arm32v6tag, because docker fails to select that image in ARMv6 devices.
- 🛠 Fixed websocket notifications when sending an item to the trash.
- Log timestamps with milliseconds by default and added option LOG_TIMESTAMP_FORMAT to customize the format
- ➕ Added back arm32v6 tag in docker images, because docker doesn't select the architecture correctly from the multiarch image (#1064)
🆕 New docker multiarch support, please read the following if you use the docker images:
⚡️ The docker images have been modified to make use of the multiarch support, which means there's no need to use architecture specific tags anymore, and those will not be updated in the future.
⚡️ Make sure you update your images correctly following the table at the end!
- ➕ Add support for hiding passwords in a collection
- 👍 Allow postgres:// DATABASE_URL
- ➕ Add option to set name during HELO in email settings
- ➕ Add startup script to support init operations
- 👉 Use local time in email notifications for new device logins
- ⚡️ Updated dependencies and included web vault
- ✂ Removed unstable dependencies in preparation for rocket stable
- 🐳 Docker multiarch support
🐳 Docker multiarch transition guide
Old New Comments ✅ bitwardenrs/server bitwardenrs/server:testing ✅ bitwardenrs/server:latest bitwardenrs/server:raspberry bitwardenrs/server:armv6 bitwardenrs/server:aarch64 bitwardenrs/server:1.xx.x bitwardenrs/server:latest This follows the latest tagged release, a bit older than testing but a bit more stable as well. Can also use _ bitwardenrs/server:1.xx.x _ for a specific version (without the arch tag), but make sure to check for updates frequently. bitwardenrs/server:1.xx.x-raspberry bitwardenrs/server:1.xx.x-armv6 bitwardenrs/server:1.xx.x-aarch64 bitwardenrs/server:alpine bitwardenrs/server:testing-alpine Like the new _ bitwardenrs/server:testing _, uses Alpine base. bitwardenrs/server:1.xx.x-alpine bitwardenrs/server:alpine Like the new _ bitwardenrs/server:latest _, uses Alpine base. Can also use _ bitwardenrs/server:1.xx.x-alpine _ for a specific version (without the arch tag), but make sure to check for updates frequently. bitwardenrs/server-[mysql,postgres] bitwardenrs/server-[mysql,postgres]:testing Like the new _ bitwardenrs/server:testing _, for the MySQL and Postgres databases. ✅ bitwardenrs/server-[mysql,postgres]:latest bitwardenrs/server-[mysql,postgres]:1.xx.xx bitwardenrs/server-[mysql,postgres]:latest Like the new _ bitwardenrs/server:latest , for the MySQL and Postgres databases. Can also use _bitwardenrs/server-[mysql,postgres]:1.xx.x for a specific version, but make sure to check for updates frequently.
- Fixed error when cloning attachments with ciphers, note that attachments are not cloned
- 🛠 Fixed version check when a commit hasn't been made since the last release
- ➕ Added openssl extern crate to fix some builds
- ⚡️ Updated admin page, added attachments count per user and users count per organization and fixed issue with DNS not resolving
IMPORTANT: This is a required update when using newer clients, otherwise the delete functionality won't work
- ➕ Added support for soft deletion of items (trash functionality)
- Redesigned admin page:
- Separated into multiple pages
- Icon to indicate users verified emails, and counter of the number of items they have
- Added diagnostics page
- ⚡️ Updated web vault to 2.14
- ➕ Added IP address to the logs on TOTP failure, alowing fail2ban use
- 🛠 Some email and domain whitelist fixes
- 🛠 Fixed issue deleting notes in PostgreSQL
- ⚡️ Updated dependencies and other bug fixes
- 🛠 Fixed bug with sync error in mobile clients.
- ⚡️ Update web vault to 2.13.2.
- 🛠 Fix websockets missing id.
- 👌 Improvements to docker health check, including subdirectory support.
- 👍 Allow changing the build version with
BWRS_VERSIONenv variable during
- ⚡️ Other dependency updates and bug fixes.
- ➕ Added support for organization policies
- ➕ Added support for cloning ciphers
- ⚡️ Update web vault to version 2.13
- 👍 Allow the SMTP login mechanism to be provided without quotes or initial uppercase
- ⚡️ Updated dependencies
- 👉 Make panics loggable
- 🛠 Fix errors when importing into an org or accepting invites
- ➕ Added support for running on subpath, simply add the subpath to the
- Attachment size limits, per-user and per-organization, set
ORG_ATTACHMENT_LIMITto a value in kilobytes to apply it.
- ⚡️ Updated U2F library which might solve some U2F certificate errors.
- ➕ Added SMTP test button in the admin page.
- 🔒 Use web vault built by docker autobuild, using the hash to reference the image for extra security
- Now accepting
1/0as config options that are booleans.
- 🛠 Fixed error
Unique constraint violationwhen using Two Factor and Postgres.
- Fixed error with can_signup_user that didn't allow to change the email address.
- Don't error if admin token is empty but disabled
- Now email domains are converted to punycode before sending
- Enable icons to be cached in the clients
- ➕ Added option to change invitation org name
- Enabled the sending of invitations from the admin panel, even when disabled
- ⚡️ Dependency updates
- ➕ Added support for running on subpath, simply add the subpath to the