FileGator alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Web based file managers" category.
Alternatively, view filegator alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
6.9 8.6 FileGator VS DirectoryLister📂 Directory Lister is the easiest way to expose the contents of any web-accessible folder for browsing and sharing.
1.7 6.9 L4 FileGator VS SurferSimple static file server with cli and webinterface. This is just a mirror repo
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of FileGator or a related project?
FileGator - Powerful Multi-User File Manager
FileGator is a free, open-source, self-hosted web application for managing files and folders.
You can manage files inside your local repository folder (on your server's hard drive) or connect to other storage adapters (see below).
FileGator has multi-user support so you can have admins and other users managing files with different access permissions, roles and home folders.
All basic file operations are supported: copy, move, rename, edit, create, delete, preview, zip, unzip, download, upload.
If allowed, users can download multiple files or folders at once.
File upload supports drag&drop, progress bar, pause and resume. Upload is chunked so you should be able to upload large files regardless of your server configuration.
Sponsors & Backers
FileGator is a free, open-source project. It's an independent project with its ongoing development made possible entirely thanks to the support by these awesome backers. If you'd like to join them, please consider:
Typical use cases
- share a folder with colleagues, your team, friends or family
- give students access to upload their work
- allow workers to upload field data / docs / images
- use as cloud backup
- manage cdn with multiple people
- use as ftp/sftp replacement
- manage s3 or other 3rd party cloud storage
- use to quickly zip and download remote files
This is read-only demo with guest account enabled.
- you can log in as
john/johnto see John's private files
jane/janeas readonly + download user.
Features & Goals
- Multiple storage adapters (Local, FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, DO Spaces, Azure Blob and many others via Flysystem)
- Multiple auth adapters with roles and permissions (Store users in json file, database or use WordPress)
- Multiple session adapters (Native File, Pdo, Redis, MongoDB, Memcached and others via Symfony)
- Single page front-end (built with Vuejs, Bulma and Buefy)
- Chunked uploads (built with Resumable.js)
- Zip and bulk download support
- Highly extensible, decoupled and tested code
- No database required
- Framework free ™
- Symlinks are not supported by the underlying Flysystem
- File permission operations are not supported (chmod/chown)
- PHP 7.2.5+ (with php-zip extension)
Download precompiled build
Project setup for development (Linux)
You must have
git clone https://github.com/filegator/filegator.git cd filegator cp configuration_sample.php configuration.php chmod -R 775 private/ chmod -R 775 repository/ composer install --ignore-platform-reqs npm install npm run build
Compiles and hot-reloads
The following command will launch backend and frontend on ports 8081 and 8080:
npm run serve
Once everything is ready visit:
Run tests & static analysis
Testing requires xdebug, php-zip and sqlite php extensions.
vendor/bin/phpunit vendor/bin/phpstan analyse ./backend npm run lint npm run e2e
Set the website document root to
/dist directory. This is also known as 'public' folder.
NOTE: For security reasons
/dist is the ONLY folder you want to be exposed through the web. Everything else should be outside of your web root, this way people can’t access any of your important files through the browser.
Show your support
Please ⭐️ this repository if this project helped you!
If you discover any security related issues, please email [email protected] instead of using the issue tracker.
Copyright (c) 2019 Milos Stojanovic.
This project is MIT licensed.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the FileGator README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.