Selfoss alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "RSSminer" category.
Alternatively, view Selfoss alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
1.5 7.4 Selfoss VS html2rss-web🕸 Builds and serves RSS feeds via HTTP. Generate your own feeds or start instantly with the included configs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Selfoss or a related project?
selfoss is a multipurpose RSS reader and feed aggregation web application. It allows you to easily follow updates from different web sites, social networks and other platforms, all in single place. It is written in PHP, allowing you to run it basically anywhere.
For more information visit our web site.
- Stable releases – if you just want to use selfoss.
- Development builds (latest) – if you want to try unreleased features or bug fixes, or help testing them.
- Git-tracked source code – if you want to join selfoss development. Some assembly required.
- Upload all files of this directory (IMPORTANT: also upload the invisible
- Make the directories
- Insert database access data in
config.ini(see below). You do not need to change anything if you want to use SQLite.
- You do not need to create the database tables, they will be created automatically (ensure that your database user is allowed to create triggers).
- Create cronjob or systemd timer for updating feeds and point it to https://yourselfossurl.com/update via wget or curl. You can also execute the
cliupdate.phpfrom command line.
If you obtained selfoss using Git, some more steps will be required. See the development section.
For further questions or on any problem use our support forum: https://selfoss.aditu.de/forum/
config.iniand delete any lines you do not wish to override.
- Do not delete the
- See https://selfoss.aditu.de/ for examples.
- Backup your database and your
- (IMPORTANT: do NOT delete the
data/directory) delete all old files and directories excluding the directory
data/and the file
- Upload all new files and directories excluding the
data/directory (IMPORTANT: also upload the invisible
- Consult the [NEWS file](NEWS.md) to learn about backwards incompatible changes.
- Clean your browser cache.
- Insert your current database connection and your individual configuration in
config.ini. Important: we change the
config.iniand add new options in newer versions. You have to update the
- The database will be updated automatically (ensure that your database user is allowed to create triggers).
If you obtained selfoss using Git, some more steps might be required. See the development section.
For further questions or on any problem use our support forum: https://selfoss.aditu.de/forum
- Issue tracker for reporting problems and requesting new features
- Forum for general questions about usage
- Chat on Gitter (or
#selfoss:matrix.orgmirror) for discussing selfoss development or just about anything
Selfoss supports importing OPML files. Find the OPML export in the old application, it is usually located somewhere in settings. Then visit the page https://yourselfossurl.com/opml and upload it there.
We recommend Reader For Selfoss for Android devices.
npm install in the
assets directory. You can use
npm run install-dependencies as a shortcut for installing both sets of dependencies.
We use Parcel (installed by the command above) to build the client side of selfoss. Every time anything in
assets directory changes, you will need to run
npm run build for the client to be built and installed into the
public directory. When developing, you can also use
npm run dev; it will watch for asset changes, rebuild the bundles as needed, and reload selfoss automatically. Upon switching between
npm run dev and
npm run build, you may need to delete
If you want to create a package with all the dependencies bundled, you can run
npm run dist command to produce a zipball.
Every patch is expected to adhere to our coding style, which is checked automatically by CI. You can install the checkers locally using
npm run install-dependencies, and then run the checks using
npm run check before submitting a pull request. There is also
npm run fix, that will attempt to fix the formatting.
selfoss was created by [Tobias Zeising]([email protected]), and the source code is licensed under the GNU General Public licence version 3, or (at your option) any later version.
Some parts of the source code can be licensed under version 3 only, we are currently trying to resolve it.
The package with bundled dependencies might be distributed under version 3 only.
Special thanks to the great programmers of these libraries used by selfoss:
- FatFree PHP Framework
- PHP Universal Feed Generator
- Elphin IcoFileLoader
- jQuery hotkeys
- Spectrum Colorpicker
- FullTextRSS filters
Icon made by http://blackbooze.com/
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Selfoss README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.