⬆️ Several schema changes are made in this upgrade:
- A new model: LostPasswordHash
- ➕ Two new fields on ProjectKey: date_added and user_added
- A new field on Event: platform
- A new field on Group: platform
🚀 The following changes are also part of this release:
- 🔌 [New] A new plugin, sentry-interface-types will now automatically tag the available interface types in an event.
- [New] The platform value sent with an event is now recorded in the database.
- [New] A recover account flow has been added.
- [New] There is now a sticky nav on the event details pages.
- [New] getting started page now shows if there's no data for a project.
- [New] An API key management page now exists (under project settings).
- [New] A tag overview page now exists for group details pages.
- [Fix] Line numbers now show correctly in collapsed source context.
- [Fix] Pending members now show correctly on the team management page (under project settings).
- ⚡️ [Fix] The time since value now updates correctly when events change.
- Various changes to how event details components render.
- 💅 Various fixes for breadcrumbs and header styles.
- 0️⃣ Most plugins will no longer default to enabled on new projects.
🛠 Minor point releases now signify major changes (5.1.0 is a major release). Bugfix and smaller 🚀 releases will continue as normal.
Protocol Version 3
🚚 Sentry 5.1 removes support for version 1.0 of the protocol, and maintains a compatibility layer for version 2.0. ➕ Additionally, the following changes apply to the new protocol: - sentry_version should be sent as '3' (not 3.0). - 👍 Signed messages are no longer supported (signatures are not calculated). - sentry_signature is no longer used. - sentry_timestamp is no longer used. - Clients must pass sentry_secret for server-side requests as part of the auth header. This check runs in the event that there is no Origin header sent. - version 2.0 supports validation of this, version 3 requires it. - The ``project`` attribute in the JSON packet is no longer required. - The ``platform`` attribute is now recommended. - The ``tags`` attribute is now recommended. Other Changes
- 🚚 Aggregation 'Views' have been removed.
- All streaming components are now powered by Backbone.js.
- ⚡️ Frontend has been updated to Bootstrap 2.1.
- The event stream now includes sparklines representing the last 24 hours of data for each event.
- Trends have greatly improved.
- Grouping events that have identical stacktraces other than the function name (e.g. dynamically generated functions) is not possible.
- 🚚 SiteFilter has been removed, as has the sites plugin.
- 0️⃣ If frames are included in a stacktrace that have the attribute
in_app: false, they will be hidden by default in the details view.
- 📚 crossdomain.xml support is now available (see documentation).
- 👍 The search feature now uses buffers to better handle write concurrency.
- 👍 Early support for WSGI (should be functional) exists as
- 🛠 Many fixes around cache usage.
- 👍 Variable versions of Django are no longer supported. Django 1.4.x must now be used.
- Public projects are restricted to viewing without being authenticated.
- 0️⃣ The default behavior of Sentry is to now use timezone-aware datetimes everywhere.
- 🔨 Permissions have been refactored to be more precise.
- 🔌 A new IssuePlugin base is available.
- 🔨 Charts have been refactored to show 7 days worth of data.
- 👍 django.contrib.staticfiles is now supported.
- 👍 django.contrib.messages is now supported.
👍 Social authentication is now supported!
🔧 By configuring several options (documented in the getting started guide), you can allow users to signup and login with accounts from several social services. Additionally users can associate their existing accounts (via a 🆕 new identities panel in their account settings) with any number of these services.
👍 Currently, the following services are supported:
🏷 Tags are now able to be created dynamically! See the documentation for more details on implementing it inside of your client.
🔧 You can also configure which tags will show up as filters in the sidebar via your project's settings page. By 0️⃣ default all tags will show up.
🔌 User options are now available to plugins. The builtin mail plugin also now takes advantage of them.
- sentry_mail will now use the alert_email option over your account email if specified.
- sentry_mail now allows you to choose which projects to receive alerts for.
- Numeric slugs will no longer return 404s.
- Corrected the repair command with the --owner argument.
👌 Improvements to the dashboard are trickling in, with this update including:
- 👍 Changing "Top Events" to "Trends" (if supported by your RDBMS)
- Time interval selections for both widgets
🔌 Plugins now have a new interface for registering themselves. Please see the developer documentation for notes on how to use
- 🗄 Signed messages are now deprecated. Save yourself some CPU cycles, and rely on SSL.
- 🔌 A new plugin which tags user's email addresses.
- 💻 Several UI cleanups in various areas, such as improvements to the account dropdown and lists of projects/teams.
- 🛠 Long awaited cleanup/fixes for applying the initial database migrations (sorry MySQL users).
- 🎉 Initial support for arbitrary event tagging (coming soon to a client near you).
🔨 Builtin plugins have been refactored to be more concise. This includes changes to the 🔌 servers, urls, and sites plugins. There is also a new builtin plugin::
🔌 With these changes, it now makes it even easier to create a basic plugin that just handles extra 🔌 "tag"-like data. Take a look at one of the aforementioned plugins for an example.
- 🔌 The mail plugin now sends additional Sentry-specific headers.
- 🗄 Signatures are deprecated, and no longer required.
- 🛠 Several fixes regarding CORS support.
Two new columns were added to the
resolved_at: The datetime at which this event was marked as resolved.
active_at: The datetime at which this event was marked as open.
The dashboard's "New Events" will now use the active_at date rather than the original 👀 first seen date on an event.