Shaark alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Password Managers" category.
Alternatively, view Shaark alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
4.8 5.9 Shaark VS PassWallPasswall Server is the core backend infrastructure for Passwall platform
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Shaark or a related project?
Shaark is a self-hosted platform to keep and share your content: web links, posts, passwords and pictures.
All of your data can be private, public or both and can be browsed by tags or all-in-one search.
📌 Roadmap for the next version is available, we'd like to hear your feedback!
- [x] Links : to keep your bookmarks (with health-checks)
- [x] Stories : posts with markdown flavored content
- [x] Chests : to save your passwords
- [x] Albums : to host your pictures
- [x] Rapid sharing extension and Progressive Web App
- [x] Tagging system, walls, search and RSS feeds
- [x] Private content or entirely private (with temp sharing)
- [x] Theming (dark mode, background)
- [x] i18n (🇬🇧, 🇫🇷, 🇩🇪, 🇯🇵 and 🇳🇱)
- [x] Archiving (as pdf, as media)
- [x] DB encryption, 2-FA, Multi-users, backup
- Installation: How to install Shaark
- Troubleshooting: Common issues
- Changelog: Extensive changelog
- Archiving: How to run PDF and Media archiving
- Backup: How to set up automatic backup
- Comments: How comment system work
- Dependencies: Dependencies used by Shaark
Features and bugs
All contributions are welcome! Please use the
dev branch for your pull requests.
If you make changes to JS, don't compile assets in production, I'll manually compile them when merging for security reasons.
Shaark is actually available in 🇬🇧, 🇫🇷, 🇩🇪, 🇯🇵 and 🇳🇱. Feel free to make a pull request to add or update a localization. You can see laravel base localizations on this repo.
If you find any security issues, please send me an email (can be found in composer.json).
If you don't want your content being publicy accessible, you can update this preference once application is installed from settings section.
You're able to active 2-FA (2 factors authentication). By default 2-FA is disabled but you can update it from your app settings. Code length and code expiration are also configurable. Test if you application can send emails before enabling this feature.
Shaark logs all successful and failed auths with their associated devices.
1.2.9, all chests data are encrypted in your database using AES-256-CBC and your app key.
Others users can be admin or non-admin. Admin users are like the main user and have an access to the entire content. Non-admin users can't access the settings section and can only see their own private content.
- Be sure to have a testing database with
touch database/testing.sqliteand have composer
- Run testing server
php artisan serve --env=testing.
- Run tests
php artisan dusk --env=testing