μlogger alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "MapBBCodeShare" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of μlogger or a related project?
This is a web application for real-time collection of geolocation data, tracks viewing and management. Together with a dedicated μlogger mobile client it may be used as a complete self hosted server–client solution for logging and monitoring users' geolocation.
- http://ulogger-demo.herokuapp.com (test track upload with Android app and editing, login: demo, password: demo)
- PHP 5.5 (5.4 with password_compat)
- PHP extensions: ctype, json, pdo (with respective drivers), session, simplexml, xmlwriter, xdebug (only for tests)
- MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQLite (over PDO driver)
- allows live tracking
- track statistics
- altitudes graph
- multiple users
- user authentication
- Google Maps
- OpenLayers (OpenStreet and other layers)
- user preferences stored in cookies
- simple admin menu
- export tracks to gpx and kml
- import tracks from gpx
- Download zipped archive or clone the repository on your computer
- Move it to your web server directory (unzip if needed)
- Create database and database user (at least SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE privileges, CREATE, DROP for setup script, SEQUENCES for postgreSQL)
- Create a copy of
config.default.phpand rename it to
config.php. Customize it and add database credentials
scripts/setup.phpscript, enable it by setting $enabled value to
- Make sure you have a web server running with PHP and chosen database
- Open http://YOUR_HOST/ulogger-server/scripts/setup.php page in your browser
- Follow instructions in setup script. It will add database tables and set up your μlogger user
- Remember to remove or disable
- Log in with your new user on http://YOUR_HOST/ulogger-server/
- You may also want to set your new user as an admin in config file.
.tests/as well as composer files are needed only for development. May be safely removed.
docker run --name ulogger -p 8080:80 -d bfabiszewski/uloggerand access
http://localhost:8080in your browser. Log in with
admincredentials and change default password.
- Optional configuration options with ENV variables, for list see Dockerfile. The variables correspond to main μlogger configuration parameteres.
- For example:
docker run --name ulogger -e ULOGGER_LANG="pl" -p 8080:80 -d bfabiszewski/ulogger.
- You may also build the image yourself. Run
docker build .from the root folder where
Dockerfilereside. There are optional build-time arguments that allow you to set default database passwords for root and ulogger users.
- For example:
docker build --build-arg DB_ROOT_PASS=secret1 --build-arg DB_USER_PASS=secret2 --build-arg DB_DRIVER=sqlite ..
- Install tests dependecies.
- Integration tests may be run against docker image. We need exposed http and optionally database ports (eg. mapped to localhost 8080 and 8081). Below example for MySQL setup.
docker build -t ulogger .
docker run -d --name ulogger -p 8080:80 -p 8081:3306 --expose 3306 -e ULOGGER_ENABLE_SETUP=1 ulogger
- Use environment variables (or create
.tests/folder) to set up connection details (below database credentials are docker defaults)
- Run tests
./vendor/bin/phpunit -c .tests/phpunit.xml
- improve track editing
- track display filters (accurracy, provider)
- improve interface on mobile devices
- translations may be contributed via Transifex.
- most icons come from iconmonstr
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the μlogger README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.