Anchor CMS alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Blogging Platforms" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Anchor CMS or a related project?
No Longer Maintained
Unfortunately we have been able to maintain this project for sometime. We advise that you consider using alternative platforms and should no longer consider this project production ready.
Thanks for everyones support and contributions over the years.
[Anchor Header Image](.github/anchor-bg.jpeg)
- PHP 5.6+
- pdo_mysql or pdo_sqlite
- MySQL 5.6+ (MySQL 5.7 recommended)
To determine your PHP version, create a new file with this PHP code:
<?php echo PHP_VERSION; ?>// version.php or run
php -v in the command line. This will print your version number to the screen.
- Ensure that you have the required components.
- Download Anchor either from here, by cloning this Github repo or by running:
composer create-project anchorcms/anchor-cms anchor
- Upload Anchor through FTP/SFTP or whatever upload method you prefer to the public-facing directory of your site.
- Ensure that the permissions for the
anchor/configfolders are set to
0775and that all files belong to the web user or is a part of the same group as the web user.
- Create a database for Anchor to install to. You may name it anything you like. The method for database creation varies depending on your webhost but may require using PHPMyAdmin or Sequel Pro. If you are unsure of how to create this, ask your host.
- Navigate your browser to your Anchor installation URL, if you have placed Anchor in a sub directory make sure you append the folder name to the URL:
- Follow the installer instructions.
- For security purposes, delete the
installdirectory when you are done.
If you'd like to help out and contribute to this project, please take a look at the contributing guidelines. All information you need to get started should be included in there. If you have any questions then create an issue, make a forum post or message us directly.
If you would like to add submit a feature request then please go to our Feathub page.