Archivematica alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Archiving and Digital Preservation (DP)" category.
Alternatively, view Archivematica alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.3 9.6 Archivematica VS ArchiveBox🗃 Open source self-hosted web archiving. Takes URLs/browser history/bookmarks/Pocket/Pinboard/etc., saves HTML, JS, PDFs, media, and more...
8.5 9.8 Archivematica VS CKANCKAN is an open-source DMS (data management system) for powering data hubs and data portals. CKAN makes it easy to publish, share and use data. It powers catalog.data.gov, open.canada.ca/data, data.humdata.org among many other sites.
Open-source, web application for archival description and public access.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Archivematica or a related project?
Archivematica is a web- and standards-based, open-source application which allows your institution to preserve long-term access to trustworthy, authentic and reliable digital content. Our target users are archivists, librarians, and anyone working to preserve digital objects.
You are free to copy, modify, and distribute Archivematica with attribution under the terms of the AGPLv3 license. See the [LICENSE](LICENSE) file for details.
- Website: User and administrator documentation
- Wiki: Developer facing documentation, requirements analysis and community resources
- Issues: Git repository used for tracking Archivematica issues and feature/enhancement ideas
- User Google Group: Forum/mailing list for user questions (both technical and end-user)
- Paid support: Paid support, hosting, training, consulting and software development contracts from Artefactual
Thank you for your interest in Archivematica! For more details, see the [contributing guidelines](CONTRIBUTING.md)
Reporting an issue
Issues related to Archivematica, the Storage Service, or any related repository can be filed in the Archivematica Issues repository.
If you have a security concern about Archivematica or any related repository, please see the [SECURITY file](SECURITY.md) for information about how to safely report vulnerabilities.
Archivematica consists of several projects working together, including:
- Archivematica: This repository! Main repository containing the user-facing dashboard, task manager MCPServer and clients scripts for the MCPClient
- Storage Service: Responsible for moving files to Archivematica for processing, and from Archivematica into long-term storage
- Format Policy Registry: Submodule shared between Archivematica and the Format Policy Registry (FPR) server that displays and updates FPR rules and commands
For more projects in the Archivematica ecosystem, see the getting started page.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Archivematica README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.