Access to Memory (AtoM) alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Archiving and Digital Preservation (DP)" category.
Alternatively, view Access to Memory (AtoM) alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
🗃 Open source self-hosted web archiving. Takes URLs/browser history/bookmarks/Pocket/Pinboard/etc., saves HTML, JS, PDFs, media, and more...
8.5 9.8 Access to Memory (AtoM) VS CKANCKAN is an open-source DMS (data management system) for powering data hubs and data portals. CKAN makes it easy to publish, share and use data. It powers catalog.data.gov, open.canada.ca/data, data.humdata.org among many other sites.
The ArchivesSpace archives management tool
Free and open-source digital preservation system designed to maintain standards-based, long-term access to collections of digital objects.
Cataloguing and data/media management application
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Access to Memory (AtoM) or a related project?
Developed and maintained by Artefactual Systems
AtoM (short for Access to Memory) is a web-based, open source application for standards-based archival description and access. The application is multilingual and multi-repository. First commissioned by the International Council on Archives (ICA) to make it easier for archival institutions worldwide to put their holdings online using the ICA’s descriptive standards, the project has since grown into an internationally used community-driven project. Learn more at:
You are free to copy, modify, and distribute AtoM with attribution under the terms of the AGPLv3 license. See the [LICENSE](LICENSE) file for details.
AtoM is intended to be installed using a Linux-based operating system. We use Ubuntu LTS releases in development and testing, but users have successfully installed on other distributions as well.
For other O/S installs, we recommend virtualization.
If you want to install a local copy of AtoM for testing and/or development, we maintain two development environments:
- Website - the home of the AtoM project!
- Documentation - where you'll find our User, Administrator, and Developer manuals. We version our manuals for each major release.
- Wiki - community and project resources, development documentation, release notes, and more.
- User Forum - Forum and mailling list for user questions (both technical and end-user), discussion, and more.
- SlideShare - where we upload all the slide decks from our conference presentations and training camps!
- Paid support: Paid support, hosting, training, theming, data migrations, consulting, and software development contracts from Artefactual.
Thank you for your interest in contributing to the AtoM project!
Please see our [contributing guidelines](CONTRIBUTING.md) file for more information.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Access to Memory (AtoM) README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.