Gogs alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Project Management" category.
Alternatively, view Gogs alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Gitea9.8 9.9 Gogs VS GiteaGit with a cup of tea, painless self-hosted git service
Phabricator9.3 8.0 L3 Gogs VS PhabricatorEffective June 1, 2021: Phabricator is no longer actively maintained.
gitbucket9.0 8.1 Gogs VS gitbucketA Git platform powered by Scala with easy installation, high extensibility & GitHub API compatibility
OpenProject8.9 10.0 L3 Gogs VS OpenProjectOpenProject is the leading open source project management software.
Gitolite8.9 2.5 Gogs VS GitoliteHosting git repositories -- Gitolite allows you to setup git hosting on a central server, with very fine-grained access control and many (many!) more powerful features.
Redmine8.8 9.7 L2 Gogs VS RedmineMirror of redmine code source - Official Subversion repository is at https://svn.redmine.org/redmine - contact: @vividtone or maeda (at) farend (dot) jp
Taiga8.5 0.0 L2 Gogs VS TaigaAgile project management platform. Built on top of Django and AngularJS
Octobox7.8 3.3 Gogs VS Octobox📮Untangle your GitHub Notifications
Gitlist7.6 3.7 Gogs VS GitlistAn elegant and modern git repository viewer
Gitblit7.3 8.8 L1 Gogs VS Gitblitpure java git solution
goodwork7.2 2.9 Gogs VS goodworkSelf hosted project management and collaboration tool powered by TALL stack
Bonobo Git Server7.0 0.0 L3 Gogs VS Bonobo Git ServerBonobo Git Server for Windows is a web application you can install on your IIS and easily manage and connect to your git repositories. Go to homepage for release and more info.
Leantime6.8 9.1 Gogs VS LeantimeLeantime is a lean project management system for non-project managers. Designed to help you manage your projects from ideation to delivery.
UVDesk6.0 4.5 Gogs VS UVDeskUVdesk Opensource Community Helpdesk Project built for all to make a Full Ticketing Support System along with many more other features.
ZenTao5.9 10.0 Gogs VS ZenTaoZentao is a lifecycle management for agile projects and open source!
Tuleap5.8 10.0 Gogs VS TuleapTuleap is a Free & Open Source Suite to improve management of software developments and collaboration. With a single web-based solution, project managers, developers & quality managers can easily build, deploy software projects.
Gitprep5.4 0.0 L3 Gogs VS GitprepPortable GitHub system into your own server
Git WebUI5.2 0.0 Gogs VS Git WebUIA standalone local web based user interface for git repositories
Klaus4.8 8.0 L3 Gogs VS Klausdocker run klaus / pip install klaus — the first Git web viewer that Just Works™.
Lavagna4.8 2.8 L4 Gogs VS LavagnaLavagna: issue tracker/project management tool
The Bug Genie4.8 0.0 L2 Gogs VS The Bug GenieThe Bug Genie is a friendly project management and issue tracking tool
Trac4.7 9.1 L2 Gogs VS TracTrac is an enhanced wiki and issue tracking system for software development projects (mirror)
LeanLabs Kan4.6 0.0 L4 Gogs VS LeanLabs KanLean project management for GitLab
CaseBox4.5 0.0 Gogs VS CaseBoxManage all your organisation's information in one system.
Phproject4.4 2.8 L3 Gogs VS PhprojectA high performance full-featured project management system
Titra3.6 7.0 Gogs VS Titratitra - modern open source project time tracking for freelancers and small teams
Apache Bloodhound3.0 0.0 L2 Gogs VS Apache BloodhoundMirror of Apache Bloodhound
Re:Backlogs2.6 0.0 Gogs VS Re:BacklogsRe:Backlogs is an Open Source Project Management Tool.
Lazylead1.6 6.5 Gogs VS LazyleadEliminate the annoying work within ticketing systems (Jira, GitHub, Trello). Allows automating (without admin access) daily actions like tickets fields verification, email notifications by JQL/GQL, meeting requests to your (or teammates) calendar.
Microgit1.5 0.0 Gogs VS MicrogitGit hosting service made in Crystal and Lucky
Kallithea1.1 - Gogs VS KallitheaSource code management system that supports two leading version control systems, Mercurial and Git, with a web interface.
ProjeQtOrA complete, mature, multi-user project management system with extensive functionality for all phases of a project.
sorciaSorcia is a minimalist web frontend for Git repositories with fine-grained user access controls, multiple themes to choose based on your taste and many more.
PagureA lightweight, powerful, and flexible git-centric forge with features laying the foundation for federated and decentralized development.
FossilDistributed version control system featuring wiki and bug tracker
RhodeCodeRhodeCode is an open source platform for software development teams. It unifies and simplifies repository management for Git, Subversion, and Mercurial.
SCM ManagerThe easiest way to share and manage your Git, Mercurial and Subversion repositories over http.
GitLabSelf Hosted Git Management Application
Access the most powerful time series database as a service
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Gogs or a related project?
The Gogs (
/gɑgz/) project aims to build a simple, stable and extensible self-hosted Git service that can be set up in the most painless way. With Go, this can be done with an independent binary distribution across all platforms that Go supports, including Linux, macOS, Windows and ARM-based systems.
- Please visit our home page for user documentation.
- Please refer to [CHANGELOG.md](CHANGELOG.md) for list of changes in each releases.
- Want to try it before doing anything else? Do it online!
- Having trouble? Help yourself with troubleshooting or ask questions in Discussions.
- Want to help with localization? Check out the localization documentation.
- Ready to get hands dirty? Read our [contributing guide](.github/CONTRIBUTING.md).
- Hmm... What about APIs? We have experimental support with documentation.
- User dashboard, user profile and activity timeline.
- Access repositories via SSH, HTTP and HTTPS protocols.
- User, organization and repository management.
- Repository and organization webhooks, including Slack, Discord and Dingtalk.
- Repository Git hooks, deploy keys and Git LFS.
- Repository issues, pull requests, wiki, protected branches and collaboration.
- Migrate and mirror repositories with wiki from other code hosts.
- Web editor for quick editing repository files and wiki.
- Jupyter Notebook and PDF rendering.
- Authentication via SMTP, LDAP, reverse proxy, GitHub.com and GitHub Enterprise with 2FA.
- Customize HTML templates, static files and many others.
- Rich database backend, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite3 and TiDB.
- Have localization over 31 languages.
💾 Hardware requirements
- A Raspberry Pi or $5 Digital Ocean Droplet is more than enough to get you started. Some even use 64MB RAM Docker CaaS.
- 2 CPU cores and 512MB RAM would be the baseline for teamwork.
- Increase CPU cores when your team size gets significantly larger, memory footprint remains low.
💻 Browser support
- Please see Semantic UI for specific versions of supported browsers.
- The smallest resolution officially supported is 1024*768, however the UI may still look right in smaller resolutions, but no promises or fixes.
Make sure you install the prerequisites first.
There are 6 ways to install Gogs:
Deploy to cloud
- Private Git Web Portal in Raspberry PI With Gogs
- How To Set Up Gogs on Ubuntu 14.04
- Run your own GitHub-like service with the help of Docker
- Dockerized Gogs git server and alpine postgres in 20 minutes or less
- Host Your Own Private GitHub with Gogs
- 使用 Gogs 搭建自己的 Git 服务器 (Chinese)
- 阿里云上 Ubuntu 14.04 64 位安装 Gogs (Chinese)
- Installing Gogs on FreeBSD
- How to install Gogs on a Linux Server (DigitalOcean)
📦 Software, service and product support
- Thanks Egon Elbre for designing the original version of the logo.
- Thanks Crowdin for sponsoring open source translation plan.
- Thanks DigitalOcean, VPSServer, Hosted.nl and BitLaunch for sponsoring VPS services.
- Thanks KeyCDN for sponsoring CDN service.
- Thanks Buildkite for sponsoring open source CI/CD plan.
- See contributors page for top 100 contributors.
- See [TRANSLATORS](conf/locale/TRANSLATORS) for public list of translators.
This project is under the MIT License. See the LICENSE file for the full license text.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Gogs README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.