- Serve up Manga/Webtoons/Comics (cbr, cbz, zip/rar, 7zip, raw images) and Books (epub, pdf) - First class responsive readers that work great on any device (phone, tablet, desktop) - Dark and Light themes - Ability to manage users, access, and ratings - Fully Accessible with active accessibility audits - Dedicated webtoon reading mode - OPDS, OPDS-PS, and Open Search support
Kavita alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "E-books and Integrated Library Systems" category.
Alternatively, view Kavita alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
7.2 9.7 Kavita VS DSpace(Official) The DSpace digital asset management system that powers your Institutional Repository
4.2 9.7 Kavita VS Samvera HyraxHyrax is a Ruby on Rails Engine built by the Samvera community. Hyrax provides a foundation for creating many different digital repository applications.
3.9 7.2 Kavita VS IslandoraA Drupal module for browsing and managing Fedora-based digital repositories
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Kavita or a related project?
Kavita is a fast, feature rich, cross platform reading server. Built with a focus for manga, and the goal of being a full solution for all your reading needs. Setup your own server and share your reading collection with your friends and family!
- [x] Serve up Manga/Webtoons/Comics (cbr, cbz, zip/rar, 7zip, raw images) and Books (epub, pdf)
- [x] First class responsive readers that work great on any device (phone, tablet, desktop)
- [x] Dark and Light themes
- [ ] Provide hooks into metadata providers to fetch metadata for Comics, Manga, and Books
- [ ] Metadata should allow for collections, want to read integration from 3rd party services, genres.
- [x] Ability to manage users, access, and ratings
- [ ] Ability to sync ratings and reviews to external services
- [x] Fully Accessible with active accessibility audits
- [x] Dedicated webtoon reading mode
- [ ] And so much more...
If you want to try out Kavita, we have a demo up: https://demo.kavitareader.com/
Username: demouser Password: Demouser64
- Unzip the archive for your target OS
- Place in a directory that is writable. If on windows, do not place in Program Files
- Linux users must ensure the directory & kavita.db is writable by Kavita (might require starting server once)
- Run Kavita
- If you are updating, do not copy appsettings.json from the new version over. It will override your TokenKey and you will have to reauthenticate on your devices.
Running your Kavita server in docker is super easy! Barely an inconvenience. You can run it with this command:
docker run --name kavita -p 5000:5000 \ -v /your/manga/directory:/manga \ -v /kavita/data/directory:/kavita/data \ --restart unless-stopped \ -d kizaing/kavita:latest
You can also run it via the docker-compose file:
version: '3.9' services: kavita: image: kizaing/kavita:latest volumes: - ./manga:/manga - ./data:/kavita/data ports: - "5000:5000" restart: unless-stopped
Note: Kavita is under heavy development and is being updated all the time, so the tag for current builds is
:latest tag will be the latest stable release. There is also the
:alpine tag if you want a smaller image, but it is only available for x64 systems.
Got a great idea? Throw it up on the FeatHub or vote on another idea. Please check the Project Board first for a list of planned features.
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute. [Contribute](CONTRIBUTING.md).
If you like Kavita, have gotten good use out of it or feel like you want to say thanks with a few bucks, feel free to donate. Money will go towards expenses related to Kavita. Back us through OpenCollective. You can also use Paypal, however your name will not show below.
Thank you to all our backers! 🙏 Become a backer
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. Become a sponsor
Thank you to JetBrains for providing us with free licenses to their great tools.
- GNU GPL v3
- Copyright 2020-2021
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Kavita README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.