API Platform is a next-generation web framework designed to easily create API-first projects without compromising extensibility and flexibility: Design your own data model as plain old PHP classes or import an existing one from the Schema.org vocabulary ; Expose in minutes a hypermedia REST API with pagination, data validation, access control, relation embedding, filters and error handling... ; Benefit from Content Negotation: JSON-LD, Hydra, HAL, YAML, JSON, XML and CSV are supported out of the box ; Enjoy the beautiful automatically generated API documentation (Swagger/OpenAPI) ; Add a convenient Material Design adminitration interface built with React without writing a line of code ; Scaffold a fully functional Single-Page-Application built with React, Redux, React Router and Bootstrap thanks to the CRUD generator ; Install a development environment and deploy your project in production using Docker ; Easily add JSON Web Token or OAuth authentication ; Create specs and tests with a developer friendly API testing tool on top of Behat
API Platform alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "API Management" category.
Alternatively, view API Platform alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.9 9.7 API Platform VS Postwoman👽 Open source API development ecosystem - https://hoppscotch.io
9.8 9.9 API Platform VS HasuraBlazing fast, instant realtime GraphQL APIs on your DB with fine grained access control, also trigger webhooks on database events.
8.9 9.6 API Platform VS TykTyk Open Source API Gateway written in Go, supporting REST, GraphQL, TCP and gRPC protocols
8.3 8.4 API Platform VS KrakenDUltra performant API Gateway with middlewares. A project hosted at The Linux Foundation
5.6 3.2 API Platform VS PizzlyThe simplest, fastest way to integrate your app with an OAuth API 😋
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of API Platform or a related project?
API Platform is a next-generation web framework designed to easily create API-first projects without compromising extensibility and flexibility:
- Design your own data model as plain old PHP classes or import an existing ontology.
- Expose in minutes a hypermedia REST or a GraphQL API with pagination, data validation, access control, relation embedding, filters and error handling...
- Benefit from Content Negotiation: GraphQL, JSON-LD, Hydra, HAL, JSON:API, YAML, JSON, XML and CSV are supported out of the box.
- Enjoy the beautiful automatically generated API documentation (OpenAPI).
- Add a convenient Material Design administration interface built with React without writing a line of code.
- Scaffold fully functional Progressive-Web-Apps and mobile apps built with Next.js (React), Nuxt.js (Vue.js) or React Native thanks to the client generator (a Vue.js generator is also available).
- Install a development environment and deploy your project in production using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Easily add OAuth authentication.
- Create specs and tests with a developer friendly API testing tool.
The official project documentation is available on the API Platform website.
API Platform embraces open web standards and the Linked Data movement. Your API will automatically expose structured data. It means that your API Platform application is usable out of the box with technologies of the semantic web.
It also means that your SEO will be improved because Google leverages these formats.
- Use thousands of Symfony bundles and React components with API Platform.
- Integrate API Platform in any existing Symfony, React or Vue application.
- Enjoy the popular Doctrine ORM (used by default, but fully optional: you can use the data provider you want, including but not limited to MongoDB and Elasticsearch)