DreamFactory alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "API Management" category.
Alternatively, view DreamFactory alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.9 0.0 DreamFactory VS Postwoman👽 Open source API development ecosystem - https://hoppscotch.io
9.8 0.0 DreamFactory VS HasuraBlazing fast, instant realtime GraphQL APIs on your DB with fine grained access control, also trigger webhooks on database events.
8.9 0.0 DreamFactory VS TykTyk Open Source API Gateway written in Go, supporting REST, GraphQL, TCP and gRPC protocols
8.8 0.0 DreamFactory VS API PlatformCreate REST and GraphQL APIs, scaffold Jamstack webapps, stream changes in real-time.
8.2 0.0 DreamFactory VS KrakenDUltra performant API Gateway with middlewares. A project hosted at The Linux Foundation
5.7 3.3 DreamFactory VS PizzlyThe simplest, fastest way to integrate your app with an OAuth API
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of DreamFactory or a related project?
Instant APIs without code
Docs ∙ Try Online ∙ Contribute ∙ Community Support ∙ Get Started Guide
Table of Contents
- Platform Overview
- Installation Options
- Installing on Heroku
- DreamFactory's Cloud Environment
- Support Options
- Commercial Licenses
DreamFactory is an API management solution best known for its ability to automatically generate secure and documented APIs for databases like Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and MongoDB. It is built on top of the Laravel framework, and includes a convenient web-based administration client. So what can you do with DreamFactory?
- Generate powerful, reusable, documented APIs for SQL and NoSQL databases, files, email, push notifications and more in seconds.
- Use the PHP, Python, and NodeJS scripting languages to easily customize API behavior at any endpoint, for both API requests and API responses.
- Secure every API endpoint with user management, SSO authentication, role-based access control, OAuth and Active Directory integration.
- Install DreamFactory and all of the required dependencies in less than 5 minutes using our installers for CentOS/RHEL, Debian, Fedora, and Ubuntu.
- Docker provides a DockerHub image or you can build your own.
- Our Helm chart provides a convenient way to install DreamFactory within your Kubernetes cluster.
- Raspberry Pi allows you to configure DreamFactory on everybody's favorite tiny computer.
Installing on Heroku
Heroku users can easily install DreamFactory by clicking on the below button. Keep in mind like many Heroku add-ons DreamFactory comes with some limitations such as the inability to deploy a local file system-based REST API due to Heroku's file system write limitations. Additionally, DreamFactory lacks support for multiple dynos. Regardless of these limitations, it's a breeze to get started using DreamFactory on Heroku so give it a whirl!
Contact us for more information if you're interested in a feature complete version (whether hosted in our cloud environment or on-premise). Or just spin up a hosted instance right now!
DreamFactory's Cloud Environment
Start a free 14-day hosted trial now by creating a DreamFactory instance at https://genie.dreamfactory.com/.
|Ask and answer StackOverflow questions with the
||Check out our community forum, ask questions, and discuss project direction||Tweet to
In need of official technical support? Desire access to REST API generators for SQL Server, Oracle, SOAP, or mobile push notifications? Require API limiting and/or auditing? Schedule a demo with our team!
Feedback and Contributions
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the DreamFactory README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.