HedgeDoc alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Note-taking and Editors" category.
Alternatively, view HedgeDoc alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of HedgeDoc or a related project?
<!-- SPDX-FileCopyrightText: 2021 The HedgeDoc developers (see AUTHORS file)
SPDX-License-Identifier: CC-BY-SA-4.0 -->
HedgeDoc lets you create real-time collaborative markdown notes.
- ℹ️ Read all about HedgeDoc and the history of the project on our website
- 🧪 Try out HedgeDoc with the demo instance. Check out the features page!
- 💽 Install HedgeDoc yourself using the install guide
- ❓ Questions? Join our Matrix chat or the community forums
- 💬 Stay up to date by subscribing to the release feed
State of the project
HedgeDoc 1.x is stable and used around the world, but the codebase has grown over time,
making it hard to add new features.
We are currently working on HedgeDoc 2, a complete rewrite of HedgeDoc. Please note the following:
- This branch contains the latest development code and does not implement all features yet. If you are looking for the 1.x source code, have a look at the master branch.
- HedgeDoc 2 will be split in two components: the backend (this repo) and the frontend in the react-client repo.
- The 1.x release is maintenance-only. We do not accept feature requests or PRs for this release anymore and may choose to close non-critical bug reports, if the bug will be non-existent in 2.0.
We welcome contributions!
Have a look at our [contribution docs](CONTRIBUTING.md) to find out how you can help. If you want to contribute to HedgeDoc 2, please join our development chat.
Licensed under AGPLv3. For our list of contributors, see [AUTHORS](AUTHORS).
The license does not include the HedgeDoc logo, whose terms of usage can be found in the github repository.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the HedgeDoc README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.