Jotter alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Note-taking & Editors" category.
Alternatively, view Jotter alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
8.9 0.0 L5 Jotter VS PaperworkPaperwork - OpenSource note-taking & archiving alternative to Evernote, Microsoft OneNote & Google Keep
7.6 9.8 L4 Jotter VS Standard NotesAn end-to-end encrypted notes app for digitalists and professionals. https://standardnotes.com [Moved to: https://github.com/standardnotes/app]
2.6 3.5 Jotter VS DocPHT 📑With DocPHT you can take notes and quickly document anything and without the use of any database.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Jotter or a related project?
Jotter is a lightweight, no database, powerful web notebook that lets you create and manage notes online safely, quickly & easily.
See the demo or install it yourself!
- Markdown and WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editors
- organize notes hierarchically
- manage as many notebooks as you want
- multi-user support (currently, notebooks can't be shared between users)
- no DBMS needed. Everything is stored in flat files (JSON & Markdown)
- PHP 5.3 or above
- write access to the sub-directory
- Upload it (or
git cloneit) on your server (let's say in
- Go to the corresponding URL (lets say
Currently the update is quite easy:
- (optional) backup your
- just overwrite app files with latest version ((or
- That's all, folks!
- Next version:
- remember folded/unfolded folder (will change the save format)
- Following ones:
- Trash bin for deleted notes
- Keep last N versions of each note and restore it on demand
- Option to make some notes/notebooks publicly accessible
- Not sure if possible:
- Sync API (à la Simplenotes?) for desktop/mobile apps
- Share notebooks between users & handle concurrent edit (à la Etherpad?)
- Patch the WYSIWYG and Markdown libraries to enhance behavior and avoid most common rendering problems
- v0.4 (2014-03-20)
- introduced markdown editor (with help page)
- fixed wysiyg editor issues
- display version number
- dropdown for changing notebook now always accessible
- add note/directory now accessible from contextual menu
- fixed save shortcut not always working in Firefox
- v0.3 (2013-11-28)
- drag & drop to move notes/directories within a notebook
- v0.2 (2013-11-22)
- fold/unfold directories (not yet saved on server)
- moved/changed some buttons for better ergonomics
- always keep toolbar visible
- change notebook without returning to homepage
- interactive source code display (whitout base64 code)
- image button implemented
- prefill link with 'http://'
- FIX random sort order
- other minor fixes and tweaks
- v0.1 (2013-11-18)
- initial version
Jotter is a work by Yosko, all rights reserved.
It is licensed under the GNU LGPL.
Everything you need to make Jotter work is already on this repository. It includes:
- PHP Markdown
- HTML To Markdown for PHP, under the MIT license.
- YosLogin, under the GNU LGPL license. This library also includes:
- Secure-random-bytes-in-PHP, under the New BSD license.
- bootstrap-wysiwyg, under the MIT license. This library also includes:
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Jotter README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.