GeneWeb alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Misc/Other" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of GeneWeb or a related project?
GeneWeb is an open source genealogy software written in OCaml. It comes with a Web interface and can be used off-line or as a Web service.
The documentation is available online: http://geneweb.tuxfamily.org/
opam pin add geneweb -k git https://github.com/geneweb/geneweb --no-action opam depext geneweb opam install geneweb
We encourage you to participate in this open source project. We love pull requests, bugs reports, ideas...
- Documentation: http://geneweb.tuxfamily.org/wiki/GeneWeb
- Mailing list: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GeneWeb/info
- IRC: irc://irc.freenode.net/geneweb
- Git: https://github.com/geneweb/geneweb
- Forum: http://www.geneanet.org/forum/GeneWeb-85
- Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/geneweb
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeneWeb
$ opam install camlp5 cppo dune markup ounit
- Run the configuration script
- Build the distibution
$ make clean distrib
Building the API
The API uses the Google Protocol Buffer to exchange information encoded as pb, json, xml.
Install protoc, and these extra dependencies:
$ opam install ocurl piqi piqilib redis redis-sync yojson
Then, tell the configure script to enable API.
$ ./configure --api
- Try to keep the same coding style as the existing one.
- New code should not contain any trailing whitespace.
- Each pull request should have a single clear purpose. If it containes multiple unrelated changes, those changes should be split into separate pull requests.
- If the PR needs to be update, push force.
- When submitting a new feature/function, write documentation and tests if it is relevant.
All files marked in this distribution are Copyright (c) 1998-2016 INRIA (Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et Automatique) and distributed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE. See [LICENSE](LICENSE) file for details.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the GeneWeb README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.