Myflix alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Video Streaming" category.
Alternatively, view Myflix alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
VideoLAN Client (VLC)9.4 10.0 Myflix VS VideoLAN Client (VLC)VLC media player - All pull requests are ignored, please follow https://wiki.videolan.org/Sending_Patches_VLC/
Invidious9.0 8.6 Myflix VS InvidiousInvidious is an alternative front-end to YouTube
Streama8.9 0.0 Myflix VS StreamaSelf hosted streaming media server. https://docs.streama-project.com/
Owncast8.5 0.0 Myflix VS OwncastTake control over your live stream video by running it yourself. Streaming + chat out of the box.
Zoneminder8.3 9.9 L2 Myflix VS ZoneminderZoneMinder is a free, open source Closed-circuit television software application developed for Linux which supports IP, USB and Analog cameras.
Emby7.9 0.0 L1 Myflix VS EmbyEmby Server is a personal media server with apps on just about every device.
Restreamer7.2 5.0 L4 Myflix VS RestreamerThe Restreamer is a complete streaming server solution for self-hosting. It has a visually appealing user interface and no ongoing license costs. Upload your live stream to YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, Vimeo, or other streaming solutions like Wowza. Receive video data from OBS and publish it with the RTMP and SRT server.
MediaCMS6.4 0.0 Myflix VS MediaCMSMediaCMS is a modern, fully featured open source video and media CMS, written in Python/Django and React, featuring a REST API.
Shinobi5.9 1.3 L1 Myflix VS Shinobi:peace_symbol: :palestinian_territories: Shinobi CE - The Free Open Source CCTV platform written in Node.JS (Camera Recorder - Security Surveillance Software - Restreamer
HTPC Manager4.9 0.0 L4 Myflix VS HTPC ManagerA fully responsive interface to manage all your favorite software on your Htpc.
Darwin Streaming ServerDarwin Streaming Server is Apple's open source version of the QuickTime Streaming Server technology allowing you to send streaming media across the Internet using the industry standard RTP and RTSP protocols.
MistServer4.3 3.2 L5 Myflix VS MistServerThe official mistserver source repository - www.mistserver.com
Rapidbay4.2 0.0 Myflix VS RapidbaySelf-hosted torrent video streaming service compatible with Chromecast, AppleTV & Kodi deployable in the cloud
Hellowlol HTPC Manager forkA fully responsive interface to manage all your favorite software on your Htpc.
Odd Networks3.8 0.0 L4 Myflix VS Odd Networks[MIRROR]
Bluecherry3.1 4.0 Myflix VS BluecherryBluecherry surveillance system (server application)
SyncTube3.1 0.0 Myflix VS SyncTubeSynchronized video viewing with chat and other features (one-channel web service)
Radium2.7 0.0 Myflix VS RadiumSynced stream and video playback with VOD capabilities utilizing HLS. Developed for movie nights but has many use cases.
Oblecto2.6 1.3 Myflix VS OblectoOblecto is a media server, which streams media you already own, and is designed to be at the heart of your entertainment experience. It runs on your home server to index and analyze your media such as Movies and TV Shows and presents them in an interface tailored for your media consupmtion needs.
Flumotion2.0 0.0 L3 Myflix VS FlumotionFlumotion master repository
Rygel1.9 0.0 Myflix VS RygelRead-only mirror of https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/rygel
Oddworks1.2 0.0 Myflix VS Oddworks[MIRROR]
Tube1.1 0.0 Myflix VS Tube📺 tube is a Youtube-like (without censorship and features you don't need!) Video Sharing App written in Go which also supports automatic transcoding to MP4 H.265 AAC, multiple collections and RSS feed.
Open Streaming PlatformSelf-Hosted alternative to Twitch and Youtube Live for live and on-demand video streaming
ShinobiCEOpen Source CCTV software written in Node with both IP and local camera support.
uWaveüWave is a self-hosted collaborative listening platform. Users take turns playing media-songs, talks, gameplay videos, or anything else-from a variety of media sources like YouTube and SoundCloud.
ReadyMediaA simple media server software, with the aim of being fully compliant with DLNA/UPnP-AV clients.
crtmpserverHigh performance RTMP/RTSP streaming server.
PeerTubeDecentralized video streaming platform using P2P
OlarisOlaris is an open-source, community driven, media manager and transcoding server.
Access the most powerful time series database as a service
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Myflix or a related project?
PLEASE NOTE, THIS SOFTWARE HAS BEEN REPLACED!
For more information, see
A Netflix clone!
Myflix tries to be a somewhat simple and lightweight "DIY Netflix", similar to Plex, streama or Emby, for your DIY NAS, especially aimed at the Raspberry Pi/Odroid/etc ecosystem. It's not meant or designed to be fancy (if you have the hardware and want a ton of functionality, go for other solutions :) ), but the bare minimum to be somewhat pretty, fast and usable. The scripts create json databases that store the files location and metadata, these databases are then used to create static web pages that can be served from any web server!
I still have some commenting to do, I swear I will do it when I have time...
If you want to password protect your myflix files, you might want to look at !
You like my work? Feel free to donate :)
TV shows page
TV show season/episode modal
TV show episode player
Shitty temporary tutorial: You will need jq, imagemagick, ffmpeg and a ton of coffee to understand whatthef#ck I did.
Download all the files, look around in buildDBs.cgi and config.cfg, set the path of your media files folders and run buildDBs...
Pray to a deity of your choice!
jq, sponge, imagemagick, ffmpeg, xmllint and a TMDB api key. See the wiki for a tutorial and more detailed information on the scripts.
- uses BASH for everything... at least so far!
- Movie and TV show databases are saved in an user friendly database
- Lightweight and highly customisable, just open a script and edit it!
- Once you have built the database and the webpage, it's done. No streaming server or anything of the like...
- Since there is no real service, you could build the database and webpages on another machine, moving the webpage to the actual web server afterwards. ( keep in mind that the webserver must have access to the files etc...)
- Automatically converts srt's into vtt and makes them available in the video player
- Press f to fullscreen player, left to rewind 15 secs, right to skip forward 15 secs, space to play/pause
- "Slow" file scanning, scanning 1200+ TV shows files while getting all kinds of metadata (so show id, posters for the show and the name of every episode...) took almost 20 minutes on an old odroid-c1... Skipping some metadata speeds up the process a lot ( episode name is the biggest culprit, as it adds a 2-3 seconds to every episode in the database). If I skip it, the time comes down to around 2-3 minutes. Note that this doesn't happen with movies as there is a lot less metadata to be fetched and my nas can perform this task in 30 seconds or so with 40+ movies.
- "Slow" html generation, the 1200+ tv show files end up creating a html page with 25700 lines of code...
Which generates in around 10 minutes...It now is x2 faster thanks to threading! ;) Database creation is the same though, since it's sequential.
- html5 video player keeps buffering in the background if you play/pause a video. At the moment I have yet to implement a way to stop buffering
- not really an issue imho, but it's html5 reliant, so all video files HAVE to be h264 mp4's, no transcoding is going to happen. If you want transcoding, use something fancier like Emby
( transcoding might happen. We will see)It won't happen, it would require rtmp streaming, rtmp server etc... Getting too complicated, KISS! (keep It Simple, Stupid!) ;)
A "fix database" script, that fixes the metadata of a specific file (say, for example, that the script obtained the wrong id or wrong cover for your movie/tv show, this file should just just receive the file path of the file to fix and the correct id for it, and then it will simple overwrite the correct metadata to the database, thus sparing you from searching in the database and manually having to edit/download stuff)DONE Multi language, multi subtitle supportDONE
Currently working on parallelization of the html building process, it's almost working ;DDONE ~~