sourcegraph alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "IDE/Tools" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of sourcegraph or a related project?
- Fast global code search with a hybrid backend that combines a trigram index with in-memory streaming
- Code intelligence for many languages via the Language Server Protocol
- Enhances GitHub, GitLab, Phabricator, and other code hosts and code review tools via the Sourcegraph browser extension
- Integration with third-party developer tools via the Sourcegraph extension API
Try it yourself
- Try out the public instance on any open-source repository at sourcegraph.com.
- Install the free and open-source browser extension.
- Spin up your own instance with the quickstart installation guide.
- File feature requests and bug reports in our issue tracker.
- Visit about.sourcegraph.com for more information about product features.
- Go (1.13 or later)
- PostgreSQL (v11 or higher)
- Node.js (version 8 or 10)
For a detailed guide to installing prerequisites, see [these instructions](doc/dev/local_development.md#step-1-install-dependencies).
Prebuilt Docker images are the fastest way to use Sourcegraph Enterprise. See the quickstart installation guide.
To use Sourcegraph OSS:
- [Ensure Docker is running](doc/dev/local_development.md#step-3-macos-start-docker)
- [Initialize the PostgreSQL database](doc/dev/local_development.md#step-2-initialize-your-database)
Start the development server
Sourcegraph should now be running at http://localhost:3080.
For detailed instructions and troubleshooting, see the [local development documentation](./doc/dev/local_development.md).
docs folder has additional documentation for developing and understanding Sourcegraph:
- [Project FAQ](./doc/admin/faq.md)
- [Architecture](./doc/dev/architecture/index.md): high-level architecture
- [Database setup](./doc/dev/postgresql.md): database setup and best practices
- [General style guide](./doc/team/style_guide.md)
- [Go style guide](./doc/dev/go_style_guide.md)
- [Documentation style guide](./team/product-dev/documentation/style_guide.md)
- [GraphQL API](./doc/dev/graphql_api.md): useful tips when modifying the GraphQL API
Sourcegraph OSS is available freely under the [Apache 2 license](LICENSE.apache). Sourcegraph OSS comprises all files in this repository except those in the
All files in the
web/src/enterprise/ directories are subject to the [Sourcegraph Enterprise license](LICENSE.enterprise).
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the sourcegraph README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.