PhotoPrism alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Photo and Video Galleries" category.
Alternatively, view PhotoPrism alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of PhotoPrism or a related project?
PhotoPrism: Browse Your Life in Pictures
PhotoPrism® is a server-based application for browsing, organizing and sharing your personal photo collection. It makes use of the latest technologies to automatically tag and find pictures without getting in your way. Say goodbye to solutions that force you to upload your visual memories to the cloud!
- Our clearly structured user interface makes browsing and organizing your personal photo collection as easy as it should be — whether it’s on a phone, tablet, or desktop computer.
- Index everything without worrying about duplicates or RAW to JPEG conversion.
- Automatic image classification based on Google TensorFlow. In addition, our indexer detects colors, chroma, luminance, quality, panoramic projection, location type, and many other properties.
- Includes four high-resolution world maps to see where you've been, and for rediscovering long-forgotten shots.
- WebDAV clients, like Microsoft’s Windows Explorer or Apple's Finder, may
connect directly to PhotoPrism so that you to can open,
edit, and delete files from your computer or phone as if they were local.
You may easily sync your pictures with Nextcloud as well.
- PhotoPrism feels like a native app and, of course, you can also add it to your home screen.
You're welcome to play with our public demo at demo.photoprism.org.
Step-by-step installation instructions for our self-hosted community edition can be found on docs.photoprism.org - all you need is a Web browser and Docker to run the server. It is available for Mac, Linux and Windows.
Our vision is to provide the most user-friendly solution for browsing, organizing and sharing your personal photo collection. The roadmap shows what tasks are in progress, what needs testing, and which feature requests are going to be implemented next.
Please give ideas you like a thumbs-up 👍 , so that we know what is most popular. Ideas backed by one or more eligible [sponsors](SPONSORS.md) will be prioritized as well.
Follow us on Twitter to receive regular project updates and discuss development related topics. Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions.
This project is about freedom and privacy but not necessarily about free beer. We feel like it would be a mistake to state there will be no costs, because clearly we have huge expenses, your server hardware will have a price tag, and then maybe you'd like to have some extra features that need to be developed.
Your continuous support helps...
- to pay for hosting, hardware and external services like satellite maps
- developing new features, and keeping them free for everyone 🌈
Also, please leave a star on GitHub if you like this project. It provides additional motivation to keep going.
Thank you very much! <3
Note that we've recently moved GitHub Sponsors from sponsors/lastzero to an organization account so that donations can be shared more easily. Tiers are more affordable now while benefits stay mostly the same.
PhotoPrism® is a registered trademark of Michael Mayer. You may use it as required to describe our software, run your own server, for educational purposes, but not for offering commercial goods, products, or services without prior written permission. In other words, please ask.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the PhotoPrism README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.