Piratebox alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Self-hosting Solutions" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Piratebox or a related project?
PirateBoxScripts with Modifications for running in a Webserver
© 2012-2019 Matthias Strubel
Licensed under the GNU GPLv3
- [Matthias Strubel](email@example.com)
PirateBox is a collection of scripts / programs that allows you to use your wireless card as a local network to share files and chat anonymously. For more information please visit piratebox.cc
Packages contains only scripts based PirateBox scripts with running lighttpd webserver.
PirateBox scripts can:
- Setup WLAN Interface via iw
- Setup hotspot functionality (hostapd)
- Setup IP Adresses of wlan interface
- Proping until USB-WLAN is available
- Can add wlan interface to an existing bridge
- Sets Up a DHCP Server with redirect to wlan-interface IP
- Upload landing page (via iframe droopy)
- Browse Uploaded files
- Announce "Internet yes" for iOS
- Announce "Internet yes" for MS devices
- Optional small Python forum
- Optional imageboard
- Optional Station counter
- Optional Inihibit starting upload-script
- Optional Timesave script (for devices without RTC) - can be found in piratebox/bin/timesave.sh
- Optional Poll for WLAN device until it available (for USB wifi cards)
- Optional IRC-Server
More information can be found on piratebox.cc Installation tutorial and current download link: piratebox.cc/getting_started<!--I'm pretty sure I did the right link but if not you can uncomment this link http://piratebox.aod-rpg.de/dokuwiki/doku.php/piratebox_lighttpd-->
PirateBox should be in most common repositories soon, but in the meantime you can go to piratebox.cc/getting_started
PirateBox is going to be discontinued. Read this forum post for more information.
<!--### Installing unstable (development version)
Download the package here
Unzip the package:
$ unzip development.zip
Run the installer in the unzipped folder:
$ cd PirateBoxScripts_Webserver/piratebox && sudo ./install.sh default #Default can be substituted with 'board' if you want an image board on your PB
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Piratebox README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.