untrusted alternatives and similar software solutions
Based on the "Games" category.
Alternatively, view untrusted alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.0 9.6 untrusted VS MinetestMinetest is an open source voxel game engine with easy modding and game creation
An open source, turn-based strategy game with a high fantasy theme.
4.4 5.7 untrusted VS SourceBans++Admin, ban, and comms management system for the Source engine
Core functionality for Legend of the Green Dragon, a text-based RPG game.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of untrusted or a related project?
scripts/build/untrusted.js (and enables debug features).
scripts/build/untrusted.min.js (and disables debug features).
To run the game locally, you need to set up a local server to serve
index.html (this step is necessary due to Access-Control-Allow-Origin restrictions).
First install http-server if you haven't already:
npm install http-server
Build your own mod in the
If you are adding any new commands that the player can use, make sure to add them to
The .jsx file format
#END_EDITABLE#surround editable lines
#}#wrap editable sections (parts of lines)
#END_PROPERTIES#surround the properties object at the start of the file. Available properties include:
commandsIntroduced: array of new commands introduced in the level (see
mapProperties: optionally contains any of the following:
allowOverwrite: if true, placed static objects can be overwritten by other objects
keyDelay: specifies the lag, in milliseconds, between player keystrokes (default: 0)
refreshRate: the refresh rate of the level, in milliseconds (required for dynamic objects with
intervalproperties to work correctly)
showDrawingCanvas: if true, the drawing canvas overlay is displayed
showDummyDom: if true, a dummy DOM will be displayed instead of the regular map
music: name of the background track for the level (see
startingMessage: message displayed at the bottom of the screen when the level starts (if any)
version: increase the level version whenever you update a level
nextBonusLevel: load another level automatically when this one is solved
#END_OF_START_LEVEL#should be the first and last line of the
We'd like to thank:
- Dmitry Mazin for design assistance and for the implementation of multiline editing
- Jordan Arnesen for playtesting and design of lvl17
- Natasha Hull-Richter for extensive playtesting and assistance in level design
- Alex Bolotov, Colin Curtin, Conrad Irwin, Devin C-R, Eugene Evans, Gilbert Hsyu, Jacob Nisnevich, James Silvey, Jason Jiang, Jimmy Hack, Philip Shao, Ryan Fitzgerald, Stephen Liu, Yayoi Ukai, and Yuval Gnessin for playtesting and feedback
- Ondřej Žára for his rot.js library
- Marijn Haverbeke for his CodeMirror library
- Brian Harvey for allowing us to use his likeness in lvl19
You can listen to the full soundtrack here.
The music that appears in Untrusted, in order, is:
- "The Green" - Jonathan Holliday (used with permission)
- "Dmitry's Thing #2" - Dmitry Mazin (written for Untrusted)
- "Obscure Terrain" - Revolution Void (CC-BY-NC-SA)
- "coming soon" - Fex (public domain)
- "cloudy sin" - iNTRICATE (used with permission)
- "Dynamic Punctuality" - Dmitry Mazin (written for Untrusted)
- "Y" - Tortue Super Sonic (CC-BY-NC-SA)
- "Night Owl" - Broke for Free (CC-BY)
- "The Waves Call Her Name" - Sycamore Drive (CC-BY-NC-SA)
- "Come and Find Me - B mix" - Eric Skiff (CC-BY)
- "Conspiracy" - Mike and Alan (used with permission)
- "Messeah" - RoccoW (CC-BY)
- "Searching" - Eric Skiff (CC-BY)
- "Da Funk Do You Know 'bout Chip?" - That Andy Guy (used with permission)
- "Soixante-8" - Obsibilo (CC-BY-NC-SA)
- "Tart (Pts 1 and 2)" - BLEO feat KeFF (CC-BY-NC-SA)
- "Beach Wedding Dance" - Rolemusic (CC-BY-NC-SA)
- "Boss Loop 1" - Essa (free to use)
- "Adversity" - Seropard (free to use)
- "Comme Des Orages" - Obsibilo (CC-BY-NC-SA)
- "Brazilicon Alley" - Vernon Lenoir (CC-BY-NC-SA), based on "Aquarela do Brazil" by Ary Barroso
This work is dual-licensed.
- Untrusted and the Untrusted soundtrack are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0). In other words, you are free to use and modify Untrusted for non-commercial purposes, provided that you credit us and your work is also licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA.
- Additionally, the Untrusted code without the soundtrack is licenced under a commercial license. This means that you are able to use Untrusted for commercial purposes under some conditions, provided that you do not use any of the music. Please contact us for details.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the untrusted README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.